Thunderpants_AU

Armband color meanings

I remember from watching day z videos prior to the xbox release that there was some semi-official color reference for armbands, something like: red = cannibals, black = kos, green = friendly etc. 

I was just wondering is there any such code that exists or is it just whatever color raincoat you find enough of?

Just curious. 

Thanks 

Not sure, but handy for identifying friends of you've all got the same colour. Firefights can become confusing! 

• Beans 1

No matter what colour... It's KOS on xbox. Atleast that's the mentality i feel. 

• Beans 1

I've had a pretty varied experience so far. Generally in military bases it's been hostile and at the airfields, but I've probably had more friendly encounters than hostile. 

• Beans 1

One of the milsim hero factions wears black arm bands I heard. Blue is supposed to be friendly but I've been gunned down by guys patrolling coast in blue.

Masks are seen as bandit accessory though and will often get you shot 

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, bent.toe said:

No matter what colour... It's KOS on xbox. Atleast that's the mentality i feel. 

Sadly, I've found this to be true, too. 

I refuse to play like that, so I just do my best not to make myself an obvious target and when I see others, I watch from the shadows. 

I wouldn't say I'm a role player, but I do seem to act the same way I would in reality, I suppose. 

Anyway, caution is my friend regardless of what color armband anyone is wearing. 

• Beans 2

5 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I've had a pretty varied experience so far. Generally in military bases it's been hostile and at the airfields, but I've probably had more friendly encounters than hostile. 

Haha yeah, I don't trust anyone when gear is involved. 

I've had varied encounters, too. Had one guy hold up my buddy, but run off when he saw me, but then we had a guy with only a knife come up on us and tried to stab us! It's a funny place, Chernarus. 

• Like 1

I was in a barracks in tisy and a guy followed me in. I panic fired my mosin and clipped him and he ran into the room next to me. After a minute to restart my heart, I switched to voip and said that I was friendly and panicked but would put my gun down if he did too. He came out with his gun down and I put mine away too. Then he switched to voip and we got chatting. I turned round to see his fully geared mate stood behind me. They could have easily taken me out but they ended up giving me a pistol silencer and some .45 ammo. Just goes to show, sometimes it's worth communicating even if shots have already been exchanged. 

• Like 2