RicKaTaNski

Forced metas

Ok, so after having put roughly 25 days into this game i think its safe to say something needs to be done about the people who are constantly server hopping military bases for loot, i mean in the last few days ive spent hours walking from base to base from a few different spawns just to find them all pretty much empty and its seeming to get worse as time goes on... I mean are you people doing it just hoarding gear for the sake of it or something. 

So i am now forced to join the exploitaplebs and hop servers just to try and find an AR and even then its pure luck, not the way i want to play but with things as they are you devs are letting these people dictate the meta of the game so either increase loot spawns or put something in place to eradicate server hopping

• Beans 1

Server hopping is the best part of dayz, cause you can collect everything quickly by just hopping back and forth from servers, its genius.   and go kill people for fun ;)

• Confused 2

Until we get dedicated character locked servers the issue will persist. But tbh it's shitty human psychology at work not BI sucking, if people played honestly it wouldn't be a problem but generally people are assholes so yeah we need private servers and character locked servers to seperate the boys from the men .

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Until we get dedicated character locked servers the issue will persist. But tbh it's shitty human psychology at work not BI sucking, if people played honestly it wouldn't be a problem but generally people are assholes so yeah we need private servers and character locked servers to seperate the boys from the men .

Yeah i hear you man but there'd be no point in trying to convince the players doing it to stop so i have no choice but to badger the devs to do something, but your point is correct its player mentality thats ruining this game and a lot of others

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

Server hopping is the best part of dayz, cause you can collect everything quickly by just hopping back and forth from servers, its genius.   and go kill people for fun ;)

You clearly dont play dayz then cos like i said even hopping its pure luck you'll find an AR as it is right now, today i hopped topolka damn 5 times, nothing, walked to veresnik military base by vybor hopped 10ish times, nothing, walk to airfield, hopped twice, nothing.... So no,  stop being a trolly little kid and unless youve got a valid contsructive mature view or opinion to share then hushed your noise

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, RicKaTaNski said:

Yeah i hear you man but there'd be no point in trying to convince the players doing it to stop so i have no choice but to badger the devs to do something, but your point is correct its player mentality thats ruining this game and a lot of others

True dat, I'm sure at somepoint character locked servers will occur. Failing that a system whereby you can't log out or in, within 1km sq of a military zone could be an answer but that very restrictive to players in a game that already requires a huge a out of ingame knowledge. So things like that just confuse or anger new players or uninformed players (which is almost everybody in some way as there's no indepth tutorial or deeper mechanics instructions) I personally would main any character locked fixed FPP server, and be drastically reduced playtime until they become a reality. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RicKaTaNski said:

You clearly dont play dayz then cos like i said even hopping its pure luck you'll find an AR as it is right now, today i hopped topolka damn 5 times, nothing, walked to veresnik military base by vybor hopped 10ish times, nothing, walk to airfield, hopped twice, nothing.... So no,  stop being a trolly little kid and unless youve got a valid contsructive mature view or opinion to share then hushed your noise

Woah easy there have some respect, everyone is allowed to give their input, so you better watch your mouth. I'm allowed to server hop as much as I want, I dont' have time to play video games 24/7 like you and spend hours on hours building a base, actually have a life and a wife and kids.  So when I'm gaming it's my time to do whatever I want and i dont have alot of time so ill server hop as much as i want and kill people for fun... all you kids crying " go play cod if you're not a real man" lmaooo... gaming in general doesn't make you a man , goes alot further than that.

and also...I'm not being a trolly kid, I actually play dayz quite often, or used to alteast till all my friends stopped playing it cause of all the glitches and constant walking around to try and find eachother...  

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

Woah easy there have some respect, everyone is allowed to give their input, so you better watch your mouth. I'm allowed to server hop as much as I want, I dont' have time to play video games 24/7 like you and spend hours on hours building a base, actually have a life and a wife and kids.  So when I'm gaming it's my time to do whatever I want and i dont have alot of time so ill server hop as much as i want and kill people for fun... all you kids crying " go play cod if you're not a real man" lmaooo... gaming in general doesn't make you a man , goes alot further than that.

and also...I'm not being a trolly kid, I actually play dayz quite often, or used to alteast till all my friends stopped playing it cause of all the glitches and constant walking around to try and find eachother...  

Basically cheating in any game against other players by server hopping does equate to cheating IRL though, would you encourage your children to cheat in games? Do you think any of those kills you got server hopping for loot were earnt fairly? I couldn't care less either way, just intrigues me the duality of people conscience when it comes to gaming online as opposed playing a game face to face. It's a lot easier to cheat & not feel scummy when you don't has someone watchin you isn't it?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Plus why should any one respect the opinion of someone who actively plays the game a way it wasnt intended to be played by server hopping gaining an unfair advantage against honest players? Seems like flawed thinking to me. No respects a cheater 

• Thanks 2

Just now, TheYetiBum said:

Basically cheating in any game against other players by server hopping does equate to cheating IRL though, would you encourage your children to cheat in games? Do you think any of those kills you got server hopping for loot were earnt fairly? I couldn't care less either way, just intrigues me the duality of people conscience when it comes to gaming online as opposed playing a game face to face. It's a lot easier to cheat & not feel scummy when you don't has someone watchin you isn't it?

LMAO since when is cheating in a game the same as cheating in real life bro???  It's a virtual world

Woah and who said anything about cheating? Server hopping is not cheating, its a feature available in the game with the press of a couple buttons, you just back out and come back.

Server hopping is a feature in dayz that allows plays to heavily loot themselves for PVP experiences.

• Thanks 1

Lol it it was a feature then why are the devs planning methods to eliminate it competely. There's a reason there's a three minute timer for logging into another server :'D . Hey if you think humans interacting with other humans online rather than IRL means people are less culpable for toxic behaviour or that said behaviour doesn't hurt other people gameplay experience then I dunno what to tell you. I personally couldn't look myself in the mirror if I server hopped my ass off to get loot in a hardcore survival game lol, if I caught my kids playing that way I'd snap there game disc and explain morality a little better.

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Lol it it was a feature then why are the devs planning methods to eliminate it competely. There's a reason there's a three minute timer for logging into another server :'D . Hey if you think humans interacting with other humans online rather than IRL means people are less culpable for toxic behaviour or that said behaviour doesn't hurt other people gameplay experience then I dunno what to tell you. I personally couldn't look myself in the mirror if I server hopped my ass off to get loot in a hardcore survival game lol, if I caught my kids playing that way I'd snap there game disc and explain morality a little better.

Ya and then maybe when my son shoots someone in GTA online, I'll tell him to be more respectful next time and let him know he's gonna shoot him.

Video games aren't real life, very different.  Video games should be pleasurable experience, not a job.   Dayz feels like you need to make a career out of it if you really want to experience everything in the game, other than walking around and getting shot

Remember San Andreas?  Do you know why it was the best game released and many people agree?  Because they gave you the freedom to do whatever you want, list of cheats available, you could spawn a jet on the highway, you didn't have to spend hours and hours trying to save up your money to buy a jet, or you could spawn a tank and just go messin around the town FOR FUN!  Seems like dayz maybe a little different, and they're just making less people play now with adding annoying timers etc... 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheYetiBum said:

Or... BI could fix the broken loot system. 

Also... finding 50 peacoats in a row is not exactly fun or encourage exploration /looting. 

• Like 2

Andrew Huk, it seems you miss the central issue here.
Yes, video games are principally a good ol' form of entertainment. But in regards to a game like DayZ, you are playing "online" with other human beings who are also attempting to experience a form of entertainment.
In a game like San Andreas and other singleplayer experiences, sure go ahead use all the cheats and wreak havoc if that's how you'd like to play. Heck, I enjoyed the game by trying to follow traffic laws (which was surprisingly very difficult)

But when it comes to playing games online, there is etiquette that ought to be followed.
No, it doesn't mean "don't have fun and don't be in opposition or competition with other players". But, consider the rules that are so common in online games, "no griefing other players", "no hacks", "no manipulating accounts", etc, because there are more people than just yourself involved. Why?
Because your actions are effecting more than just your own video game experience.
But server hopping in DayZ is more an exploit than it is a way to play the game.
I'm sure you've used the phrase, "that's not fair" at some point. It's not outright expressed but any group of people who join in on a game that's been made up, have the expectancy of a sense of "fairness" to it, rules, guidelines, etiquette that's followed.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you ought to.

If your intention is to simply eek out any form of "fun" for yourself that you can, with no regard to the issues that it may cause to other players and the exploits that you may be using in order to do so; That is a demonstrable example of sociopathy.
"Fun" at the expense of others leaves no winner.
(That being said, a player lurking in the woods to simply kill players is just how it goes in the apocalypse of DayZ, so just be ready for those hazards.)

• Like 3
  • Beans 5

16 minutes ago, Rhaazerus said:

Andrew Huk, it seems you miss the central issue here.
Yes, video games are principally a good ol' form of entertainment. But in regards to a game like DayZ, you are playing "online" with other human beings who are also attempting to experience a form of entertainment.
In a game like San Andreas and other singleplayer experiences, sure go ahead use all the cheats and wreak havoc if that's how you'd like to play. Heck, I enjoyed the game by trying to follow traffic laws (which was surprisingly very difficult)

But when it comes to playing games online, there is etiquette that ought to be followed.
No, it doesn't mean "don't have fun and don't be in opposition or competition with other players". But, consider the rules that are so common in online games, "no griefing other players", "no hacks", "no manipulating accounts", etc, because there are more people than just yourself involved. Why?
Because your actions are effecting more than just your own video game experience.
But server hopping in DayZ is more an exploit than it is a way to play the game.
I'm sure you've used the phrase, "that's not fair" at some point. It's not outright expressed but any group of people who join in on a game that's been made up, have the expectancy of a sense of "fairness" to it, rules, guidelines, etiquette that's followed.
Just because you can, doesn't mean you ought to.

If your intention is to simply eek out any form of "fun" for yourself that you can, with no regard to the issues that it may cause to other players and the exploits that you may be using in order to do so; That is a demonstrable example of sociopathy.
"Fun" at the expense of others leaves no winner.
(That being said, a player lurking in the woods to simply kill players is just how it goes in the apocalypse of DayZ, so just be ready for those hazards.)

I agree , etiquette should be followed , but remember this is game preview , so not all things in the game are working correctly, and there is server wipes everything other week, which makes it pretty pointless to play without server hopping right now

I used to try and play this game the way its meant to be played, joining one server and sticking to it, but realized quickly that you waste your time because of the wipes / moving servers to PC.

Maaybe one day, if the 1.0 comes out and i read some proper patch notes with important details fixed in game, instead of just adding stuff all the time, then I will play dayz how its' meant to be played

Edited by Andrew Huk

29 minutes ago, Andrew Huk said:

I agree , etiquette should be followed , but remember this is game preview , so not all things in the game are working correctly, and there is server wipes everything other week, which makes it pretty pointless to play without server hopping right now

I used to try and play this game the way its meant to be played, joining one server and sticking to it, but realized quickly that you waste your time because of the wipes / moving servers to PC.

Maaybe one day, if the 1.0 comes out and i read some proper patch notes with important details fixed in game, instead of just adding stuff all the time, then I will play dayz how its' meant to be played

I thought you stopped playing this game because it was so bad right? And you're wrong about server hopping, I started a fresh spawn two hours ago and am now fully geared with a ghillie hood, m4, etc. It's not hard, you just need to learn the game. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Beans 2

Basically server hopping is taking the easy option, if yu wanna get a quick kill thrills legitimately then there's other games that cater to that market. At the end of the day once community servers come to console with characters locked servers this conversation will become moot.

the people who wanna play the game the ways it's meant to be played , as in a struggle, time consuming and skill based will choose character locked servers and the b*tches can stay on standard servers. There's a reason hardly anyone plays on standards DAYZ servers on PC because of server hoppers and people ghosting into bases. If you can't server hop you can't ghost into someone's base or farm loot like an impatient child. The player numbers on servers will prove me right, people don't like cheaters & cheatin through frustration just shows how morally weak you are in my opinion. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Huk said:

Not much time to play and want to pvp?

Pubg is the answer.

Edit: *I only get to play a few hours a week because I too have a job, wife and child, not to mention a house and cars to maintain and I still play without hopping, so don't try to pull that crap. *

Your logic in all of your responses are flawed and selfish. 

As has been explained to you, server hopping is not a part of how to play the game; the server list is only accessible from the splash screen *outside* a server. If server hopping was a part of how to play the game, you'd be able to do it from the menu *inside* a server. 

You and people like you are ruining this game for people who play it properly, not to mention each other; if everyone server hopped and geared up to pvp, when you die 15mins-30mins later, respawn and go try to gear up, guess what? There's going to be no gear coz everyone has looted, hopped and repeated. 

Then what can you do? 

You don't seem to grasp that hopping will eventually impact you; everyone will get tired of playing the game right and either leave or do what you're doing. 

My point is: you're a selfish, shortsighted moron. 

Edited by Thunderpants_AU
Adding a point
  • Beans 4

5 hours ago, Andrew Huk said:

Better watch my mouth? Why, what you gonna do big boy? JACK SHIT! it's the internet ya muppet, best to remember that before talking shit like that .... And deny it all you want little boy all you were doing with that 1st reply was trolling pure and simple, my point was that even if you server hop you can't find nothing, and I don't play 24/7 I own my own building firm and am currently on my holidays as are most people who actually work for a living, you'd know this if you actually had a job

• Like 2
  • Beans 1

3 hours ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I thought you stopped playing this game because it was so bad right? And you're wrong about server hopping, I started a fresh spawn two hours ago and am now fully geared with a ghillie hood, m4, etc. It's not hard, you just need to learn the game.

Uh I call bs on that as Ive already said where Ive been today to loot up and it took me hours even with hopping and same goes for a few friends who have tried to loot up today, so no, sorry but you are talking rubbish, and tbh you people are missing the point, did you even read all of the original post where I clearly asked are people hoarding gear just for the sake of it cos they built a shitty little base and want to fill it with gear. Im not sure if that's the real problem aswell as the server hopping but something needs to be done end of

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, RicKaTaNski said:

Uh I call bs on that as Ive already said where Ive been today to loot up and it took me hours even with hopping and same goes for a few friends who have tried to loot up today, so no, sorry but you are talking rubbish, and tbh you people are missing the point, did you even read all of the original post where I clearly asked are people hoarding gear just for the sake of it cos they built a shitty little base and want to fill it with gear. Im not sure if that's the real problem aswell as the server hopping but something needs to be done end of

I think @DayzDayzFanboy was responding to the troll, but the rest of what you said I agree with :thumbsup:

Edited by Thunderpants_AU
Emoji didn't work

Jesus guys, it's a hardcore survival game. If you CAN find an assault rifle with a mag and ammo within an hour then the games too easy.

if you don't have the time to play the game enough because you've got a job, family, etc then go play a more casual game! 

I know the map inside and out as can get geared within a few hours but that's because I've taken the time necessary to learn the map, learn where the military bases are and the best loot runs, it's meant to be a grind. 

Eventually/hopefully private servers will arrive as people can create PVP servers were you spawn with a weapon or where the loot table can be modified to increase the amount of weapon spawns, but the base game should and will remain difficult. It's based on a mod and is trying to stay true to said mod. 

Also they've tested over thirty different weapons in 0.62 and 0.63   Only has what 13 weapons ATM, more will arrive and the loot table will obviously be modified over time to accommodate those new weapons. The whole bloody point of dayz is to survive not to run around mowing each other down with total disregard for your own life safe in the knowledge to can spawn and be geared super fast, that's call of duty or battlefield, those games already exist. 

Cant believe this even needs typing tbh fml

• Beans 2

8 hours ago, bent.toe said:

Or... BI could fix the broken loot system. 

Also... finding 50 peacoats in a row is not exactly fun or encourage exploration /looting. 

Finding the same loot over and over can be frustrating. Also, I’m not sure exactly why but everything is picked over more, even off the military bases. It’s most likely a combination of less servers and more players than just server hoping. It’s a waste of time taking a moral high ground against server hopping though. It’s so integrated into the game that people will continue to do it. Complaining may encourage changes though.

5 hours ago, RicKaTaNski said:

Sorry, not bs. I just know where to look. Maybe if you didn't spend so much time server hopping you'd loot more quickly. 

Oddly, I haven't seen an AK for quite a while. Then I found five in one set of tents. It's the most I've ever seen in one place. Also found two burlap in one set of garages. Normally can't find them for love or money. But don't accuse me off bs mate just because you don't know how to loot effectively. I imagine you were one of the people who complained there's no food and drink anywhere! 

As Yetibum says, it's meant to be a grind. I've spent days looking for particular things and other stuff you get sick of finding when you don't want it. But it's meant to be hard. That's the challenge. When private servers appear in sure you'll enjoy the pvp servers where you spawn fully geared in an enclosed area and if that's what you enjoy then that's OK, but don't expect the vanilla game to be like that. It isn't sarcasm to suggest games like pubg to you. They will probably give you the formula you're looking for. There are lots of shooters you can play for the quick fix. Hell, I play battlefield fairly regularly, but I play games like dayz and Ark if I want something a bit more involved. If you don't have the patience for it maybe it just isn't for you. But there's no need to hate on other people who do enjoy it for what it is. 

Edited by DayzDayzFanboy
  • Beans 2