Nikozeer

Disconnecting during fight

Is 15 sec disconnecting timer is ok ?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Is 15 sec disconnecting timer is ok ?

• No, we need a longer timer please !
    • Yes it is enough.

I create a account on this forum just to told you, my dev friend, that you need to do something about that... 15 sec disconnecting is too short, people are abusing it and it's broking the gameplay

Everytime (i mean 80% of time on public server, because on private this is a bannable) the player who engaged you long distance is disconnecting when he take a shot or when he see you rushing

I think 1 minute timer will be perfect, people will complained because its too long but hey its dayz you are running across the map for hours so a minute wont be too much (also it will probably slow down server hopping)

Thank you for reading me, i hope you will consider my post !

-A dayz survivor since january 2014

• Beans 1

I agree, combat logging is something that ruins the game and I don't want some complicated solution when all you need is to increase the disconnect timer. 60 seconds seems fine, enough to scare server hoppers and prevent players to leave the battlefield in the middle of a fight.

• Beans 1

I think this was discussed many times before. They probably reduced it to 15 seconds from something a bit longer, as far as I remember.

But are you:

- just calling it a day and logging off somewhere trying to be safe (because your character is a sitting duck then and can't do anything after that if someone sees you),

- or just combat logging/server hopping,

- or actually loosing connection, client side.

The problem is that there is no way the game can discern from those couple of examples.

There's always all kinds of problems with computer multiplayer games to think about. Apart from development/coding/physics issues and bugs, it's with all of its rules and how will the players abuse them or find loopholes and glitches. Because they will do, most likely.

After all these years and we have a system where your char sits down for 15 secs. It should be atleast 30-45 or more. Even then, you can watch your char sit there until you finaly dissapear from a server so i dont see the problem with extended time to log out.

• Beans 1

On 11/01/2019 at 3:09 AM, liquidcactus said:

After all these years and we have a system where your char sits down for 15 secs. It should be atleast 30-45 or more. Even then, you can watch your char sit there until you finaly dissapear from a server so i dont see the problem with extended time to log out.

It would be nice something like, 45 secs/1 min online, and when you go to the main menu your character still stays loged in 30/45 secs more.

And something like if you have been injured in the last 5 minutes or shots have been fired near you your log off timer would increase to 2 mins or something like that.