Sign in to follow this  
redmantab

As we feared, 1.0 is buggy w/ zombies stuck in ground, glitchy, and problematic

Hopeful for 1.0. Log in, server browser is a glitchy, constant loading, and juddering mess. After a few years how on earth could the browser, one of the first experiences players will see, be this poorly made. Lags while constantly loading servers and feels like one from 5 years go.

Then, I get into game and run along the coast. Trash FPS (1080ti + new comp) that supposedly the devs posted on twitter they are aware of and will fix. Ok, fine. FPS will get fixed. Run right over to a building and, bam, two zombies with their knees sitting on the ground as they stuck half way into the world. Almost all zombies encountered were completely broken. 

So far, this is exactly what we feared. Praying for a nice day 1 patch. Fearful that, since zombies have been jacked up for years, any day 1 patch will only fix the FPS issues. Not looking good. 

Pending miracle needed.

Edited by redmantab
elaboration, spelling

Im gonna keep posting this but i cannot find a fix for the dayz launcher..it keeps crashing. i was hoping 1.0 would fix that.

The zombies were working well last night, so hopefully they can fix that quickly.

The FPS issue has been fixed. Official word is to exit steam (entirely) and then launch the game.

1 hour ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Be careful, if you get aggressive or don't exhibit constructive criticism you'll get the topic locked.

Weyland, your topics are locked because you've been screaming that "The sky is falling, this game is doomed, oh woe is humanity for having to put up with this" Don't act like the scorned wife,  they get sick of reading the exact same thing posted a different way every time you start a thread. Be real, stop insulting and pissing with the forum mods and maybe, just maybe, they will let you make big boy threads.

• Haha 1
  • Beans 1

Yes they took their bloody time getting the game to this point but it's running pretty well. Combat with the infected is still a bit of a mess; but to be fair I think it would be in real life if someone was trying to chew your face off. Interface is still a balls-ache but I can live with it. 

It's nice to finally be shot and clubbed to death as for the last 3 years I've not met a single person on the public servers downunder!

Edited by forteantimes23

OMG OP what do you expect after 8 years of coding! I think you ask too much - video games are expensive to make! You're not a game developer! All games have bugs (Look at Fallout 76 embarrassment!)! Did I hit the complete fanperson bingo yet?

I can't even play the game as I have no text anywhere on the UI so I can't click anything to get in a game - maybe that's a blessing in disguise...