bearjew1101

Getting sick in game

Recently me and a few of the “homies “ suffered the misfortune of getting sick . Just a few coughs and sneezes , no big deal right ? WRONG . That shit went round like The goddamn plague !!! Within less than a minute every dude and his dog had it ........ AND THE MEDS DONT WORK !!!! I’m currently stuck like it ... I’ve tried ever goddamn pill I’m the game , even drank a whole bottle of disinfectant spray !!! Nothing , Nada , zip , zilch . And believe me it’s intolerable with just one member like it ... let alone six . Gunna have to change the group name to the inglorious sneezers soon . So far the only solution seems to be a bullet in the head . Anyone got any ideas ????

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hmm, not sure but I don't seem to get ill from drinking dirty water any more. Since the chlorine tablets stopped working I've just been drinking pond water and it doesn't have any adverse effects. Anyone else noticed this? 

8 hours ago, bearjew1101 said:

Recently me and a few of the “homies “ suffered the misfortune of getting sick . Just a few coughs and sneezes , no big deal right ? WRONG . That shit went round like The goddamn plague !!! Within less than a minute every dude and his dog had it ........ AND THE MEDS DONT WORK !!!! I’m currently stuck like it ... I’ve tried ever goddamn pill I’m the game , even drank a whole bottle of disinfectant spray !!! Nothing , Nada , zip , zilch . And believe me it’s intolerable with just one member like it ... let alone six . Gunna have to change the group name to the inglorious sneezers soon . So far the only solution seems to be a bullet in the head . Anyone got any ideas ????

Goes away after about an hour or so from my experience. I was also solo every time i got sick so you guys might just keep passing it around in a never ending loop.

• Haha 1

Thinks what we had was the flu brought on by the exposure to the cold and wet by swimming to prison island, I haven't seen anyone else on forums contracting yet as most people dont ever swim out there and the rains been turned off or down so not many people have been  hypothermic in game.  But if anyone's character has started violently sneezing and coughing , did it clear up eventually? I know food poisoning from over eating/drinking dirty water, uncooked food clears up after thirty minutes of less but this flu persisted for well over an hour even after the others with sickness left it didn't clear up . 

Edited by TheYetiBum

I use the butane heater to boil my water in the cooking pot.

1 hour ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I'm prolly the only one who hasn't been sick yet lol

Dude wait till we meet up , I’m gunna pass that shit round like a second hand sweet ...... a diseased bear at the min . 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, bearjew1101 said:

Dude wait till we meet up , I’m gunna pass that shit round like a second hand sweet ...... a diseased bear at the min . 

I also take a multivitimin everyday and have yet to get sick

I'm actually jealous I haven't even heard a sneeze yet. I wanna got sick and spread it to my buds,funny.

On a side note has anyone noticed the new puking animation? It's fantastic?

One of my new favourite dayz hobbies is when any of my mates go afk for a minute or two I instantly feed them until they get sick it's just so funny,cracks me up everytime! 

It means having to carry around way more food then usual but I'd say it's worth it.

Further to the water poisoning, I've been drinking water from bottles that I've collected from ponds, and never fallen sick. I told my mate that it's safe to drink from ponds so he drank straight from a pond and got sick instantly. I guess it must be a bug that pond water becomes pure when it's bottled or in a cooking pot.