Sign in to follow this  
Dan92Nor

Hacker or bug?

I had a really good run and alot of fun until something really weird happend. I was inside the supermarket in the small store room. It was empty and then i heard the sound of someone falling/jumping through the roof. And then killed me. This is the first time i encounter someone that i suspect are hacking in dayz. Unless someone found a way to get on the roof on the supermarket and then jump through the roof. Im a huge fan of Dayz and are looking forward for the 1.0. Just hope its just bugs they are fixing and that dayz will not be a game where hackers ruins the game. If someone was caught hacking i wish steam would ban their account for playing online on all games. Hackers have ruined to many games in the past. 

Edited by Dan92Nor

I can't judge if it was a hacker or not. All I can tell is that I haven't seen a hacker in a very long time. But that doesn't mean they're not there. There was a time where it was a serious problem but luckily that time is gone and hopefully for good. Also, I believe DayZ uses Steam's VAC. I believe that means that a person who has a VAC ban, they can't play any VAC protected games. It also shows on their profile if they had a VAC ban in the past. People who had a VAC ban in the past usually have trouble or even get denied from joining or participating in communities (and rightfully so).

Edited by IMT

32 minutes ago, Dan92Nor said:

I had a really good run and alot of fun until something really weird happend. I was inside the supermarket in the small store room. It was empty and then i heard the sound of someone falling/jumping through the roof. And then killed me. This is the first time i encounter someone that i suspect are hacking in dayz. Unless someone found a way to get on the roof on the supermarket and then jump through the roof. Im a huge fan of Dayz and are looking forward for the 1.0. Just hope its just bugs they are fixing and that dayz will not be a game where hackers ruins the game. If someone was caught hacking i wish steam would ban their account for playing online on all games. Hackers have ruined to many games in the past. 

Please report suspected hackers to our Feedback Tracker at feedback.dayz.com. If you require a guide on how to report, please read here.

Also please provide further details on the incident. Server IP/Time? Which supermarket are you talking about? At which location? Did you see the player? How have you been killed?

All that kind of information can help not only to find possible hackers, but also uncover other issues that might be in the game.

It was the supermarket in Vybor and i played on the UK 2-12 Public/veteran server i think it was. I looted the supermarket and walked in the small store room in the back. No one was there. Started to move things in my inventory when i heard the fall damage sound the character makes. Then i turned around and saw him right behind me. And then he killed me. I have almost 450 hours gameplay time and never seen anything like it. Thanks for the advice. I will try the feedback tracker. 

Edited by Dan92Nor

be aware that you can now climb on basically any building with barrels or jump over roofs very easily, since the jump has been added to the game

i am not aware though of the supermarket having a skylight, so this definitely sounds fishy

On 12/4/2018 at 12:05 PM, ImpulZ said:

Please report suspected hackers to our Feedback Tracker at feedback.dayz.com. If you require a guide on how to report, please read here.

Also please provide further details on the incident. Server IP/Time? Which supermarket are you talking about? At which location? Did you see the player? How have you been killed?

All that kind of information can help not only to find possible hackers, but also uncover other issues that might be in the game.

Really? rVn and Geez have both told me this is the incorrect channel and that hacking reports should go directly to BattlEye.

Proof...(I have more if you need it, I figured two would be sufficent?).

UsUPZQX.png

oQ67KLl.png

Seems to me like somebody is fibbing here.

I know y'all are super busy making a great DayZ for all of us to enjoy, so why is the main man (Producer/Creative/Director/Etc) doing Community Manager or forum admin/moderator work?

I find it upsetting this guy gets a reply, but no replies on fixing forced time persistence which creates several hoops for server owners to jump through to keep their servers starting with day time. After all it is DayZ...not NightZ.

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 1

Asked and answered in above post...

On 12/6/2018 at 1:51 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

I know y'all are super busy making a great DayZ for all of us to enjoy, so why is the main man (Producer/Creative/Director/Etc) doing Community Manager or forum admin/moderator work?

I find it upsetting this guy gets a reply, but no replies on fixing forced time persistence which creates several hoops for server owners to jump through to keep their servers starting with day time. After all it is DayZ...not NightZ.

24 hour day servers are the worst.  I hope the post 1.0 will make it very difficult to get rid of night times on servers.  DayZ is supposed to be gritty, hard, and realistic.  Night adds to all of those things in a significant way.  Taking away night time is easy mode.  Easy mode in DayZ defeats the purpose of DayZ.
Though I will admit that when streaming, it is necessary to put some filters on the broadcast so the viewers can at least see what is happening.  I really gotta wonder about those couple of viewers who stick around to listen to 20 minutes of footsteps and breathing while running through the woods at night...

On 12/6/2018 at 1:51 PM, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

but also uncover other issues that might be in the game.

In case you missed it.  The above quoted portion of the response from ImpulZ leads me to believe they are skeptical of hacking, but may need to start looking into fixes for players falling through portions of the map that we were never able to access before. Places such as rooftops seem to fit this category.
I can only imagine the havok it would bring if a fair number of players discovered an exploit to drop through the roofs of various buildings.