Anyeurysm

Compass use while in radial menu

It does not work like it used to!

Meaning, you used to be able to hotkey your compass into the radial menu and once opened (the compass), you could still get an accurate reading while simply looking at the compass in the open menu.

Now, the needle is stuck in a default position and does not move until you actually select the compass.

Once you deselect the compass, the needle returns to the default position.

Maybe it’ll work in the top slot of your inventory.

That’s usually how I use the compass, as I try to keep only a few essentials in the radial.

2 hours ago, Nayte said:

Maybe it’ll work in the top slot of your inventory.

That’s usually how I use the compass, as I try to keep only a few essentials in the radial.

Nahh, I've tried. 

Hey I just picked up the original compass not the new orienteering one and it still rotates in the quick for me, maybe it's just the new compass that's broken? 

42 minutes ago, TheYetiBum said:

Hey I just picked up the original compass not the new orienteering one and it still rotates in the quick for me, maybe it's just the new compass that's broken? 

It's the original that's not working for me...?‍♂️

11 minutes ago, Anyeurysm said:

It's the original that's not working for me...?‍♂️

Hey I just tested it again, my bad your right it is broken but it's not static. It does change direction but it's direction in quick slot doesn't correlate with the direction it shows in hand. So it rotates in the quick slot but north isn't true north. Guess something in the update misaligned it's animation in the quick slot.