PEACE_543

Watchtower Wont Build.

I probably mucked something up but.

I have all the necessary items. when i try to use my shovel to create the base the timer circle comes up but it doesn't build anything. I've tried at least a hundred times to no avail. i just keep digging nothing into the ground. 

Please Help

I have the same problem right now with a fence. I have at least got the two poles up on either side; it gives me the option to build but when I start it just cancels it out.

Would love to know if anyone has fixed this issue.

Are you guys trying to build next to an existing building? We tried to build a wall to block a building entrance and couldn't build anything so we moved it away and it worked

• Like 1

It is near a tree so maybe that is stuffing me up. But still the post are all up but the man wall isn't. Very frustrating.

Yea we were able to get posts up but when we tried to build it would start and then stop instantly. It might be the tree I'm not sure though

5 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

I couldn't even get the poles in the ground.

o.0

They mentioned a fix for combining in the status update. You're supposed to be able to combine things on the ground with things in your hand to create stacks now. Maybe try combining a stack of 4 logs in your hand with the shovel in your inventory and see if you get a RT prompt? Or are the 4 logs supposed to get micro managed into the log slot of the watchtower kit? Haven't had a chance to play with it been too busy driving around 

On 11/28/2018 at 6:15 PM, PEACE_543 said:

I probably mucked something up but.

I have all the necessary items. when i try to use my shovel to create the base the timer circle comes up but it doesn't build anything. I've tried at least a hundred times to no avail. i just keep digging nothing into the ground. 

Please Help

I had this issue before, just hop out of the server and hop back in and you should be able to build it.

• Beans 1

I've now found that if you time out at any point in the construction process or log out before finishing a structure you wont be able to interact with it when you spawn in again. so if you dig a fences poles into the ground, log out and log back in, you cant finish building the fence and you cant destroy it either.

hey guys. had the same problems. if you build something you need to complete it before server restart! so just always build up the whole thing at once. after restart you have the action sign still available, but it doesnt work.

you can destroy everything (incl. the build up wooden log) with hatchhammer.

but basebuilding is just fun now - no protection. you can walk through every wall and we cant build roofs on watch towers. and the wooden plattform at the walls are not high enough to shoot somebody in front of the base. means they can give you a headshot from outside and you cant do anything from inner base;-)

whatever, dayz rocks! 

Nothing works.

Wide open space, nothing around. Nope.

Tried a different server. Nope.

Crafted a new wt kit. Nope.

On 11/30/2018 at 3:11 PM, bandito6000 said:

I had this issue before, just hop out of the server and hop back in and you should be able to build it.

Nope.

I'm having issues with base building fences perfect watch towers...... Now.. I thought I'll be one of cool people and waste my money on a private server but when it's came to watchtowers I simply cannot build the second floor... Ground floor all complete, but I cannot build the second floor it only comes up with dismantle at first I thought it was because I'm placing watchtowers next to each other so I thought I'd do a standalone and to which I had the same thing dismantle, everything is correct and have all four logs for second floor is there a bug in the game for this reason or such or is anyone else having this problem ? I have tried numerous occasions to reach out to Bohemia but they ignorant tw@ts as always many thanks 

Edited by rockyV