Xbox Development Briefing - November 16, 2018

30 minutes ago, KillerCastle1252 said:

Omg no lol normal controller and set up

I tried to tattoo my controller but kept bending the needle 

1 hour ago, Camthesharpshot03 said:

У кого-нибудь еще проблемы с игрой?

I have.
1. Throws out.
2. Bug with items. For example, the ax is in the hands, the time passes and the ax cannot be removed and nothing is taken in the hand.
3. A bug with a weapon, after a shot from a shotgun no longer shoots. The cartridge charges but does not shoot.

Does anyone know if you can set your spawn point in your base? 

Edited by Huracaan

Just now, Huracaan said:

Does anyone know if you can set tour spawn point in your base? 

I would doubt it, I don't think dayz ever had that option in the past but I could be wrong

31 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

I would doubt it, I don't think dayz ever had that option in the past but I could be wrong

You wont be able to spawn in to your base from spawning out anywhere else IMO, that would give you REALLY too many options for meta-gaming (cheating) even on a private server. - But if you spawn out in your base you will surely spawn back in there - the PROBLEM is IF other players can spawn back in there too, to ambush you - OR, if you are on an Official server, can other players ghost right into your base from another server? 
No special spawning, spawn rights, no-spawn zones, or limited spawn-out areas have ever been implemented - but PLENTY were suggested  - (like eg if you spawn out in a mil base, you spawn back in on the coast.. etc) nothing like that of any kind has ever been used in DayZ - after a hell of a WHOLE lot of discussions (like 3 or 4 years worth?)  about special spawn-in/spawn-out situations, all suggested and argued over for SEVERAL different reasons. Eventually the spawn delay was introduced.. that's all.
Lets see what happens to bases on the official servers..
They are sure designed to be targets !  - the question is will they be supplied with the objects/actions/crafting/game-play support to play as FAIR targets, or just EASY targets ?

Edited by pilgrim*

I don't think bases should be impregnable, but should be difficult to breach. I remember watching frankieonpc gain entry to bases with rare items such as chain saws or c4.

I was also hoping that they would introduce lockable safes at some point too. Someone elsewhere also suggested perhaps respawning near to where you log out but not in the same place exactly as a way to prevent ghosting. Not sure how easy this would be to implement but would certainly be a good solution. 

1 hour ago, Huracaan said:

Does anyone know if you can set your spawn point in your base? 

Absolutely not. In dayz you die and spawn on the coast randomly. During the mod dayz, some modders did give the option to spawn in specific cities but they were usually coastal cities. But that takes away from the game experience. We have a 240 square kilometer map. Enjoy it, most game maps dont even come close. And this map was created before 05'. Thank you BI.

And about bases, They will be able to be destroyed by players. And hide your tents well, they will be able to be run over with vehicle, say goodbye tent. Ahhhh a bandits life.

Edited by SurSlaughter

19 minutes ago, DayzDayzFanboy said:

Someone elsewhere also suggested perhaps respawning near to where you log out but not in the same place exactly as a way to prevent ghosting. Not sure how easy this would be to implement but would certainly be a good solution. 

That's what I was trying to touch on in a previous discussion, coding wise it may be quite difficult mainly because you wouldn't want the game spawning you halfway in a wall or tree then your stuck or say you left the server on the roof of a building and then respawn in the adjacent field but still at the same height. I know if you leave the game while falling, you come back into game at the same height then drop to your death. It also may be a "core" part of the gaming code implemented early on in the development of Dayz, so to change that would require a complete overhaul of all coding after that implementation, which they don't have the resources for or can't allocate the manpower that would take. Heck they could fix that one thing but break 100 other things that would crash the game.

Edited by xzDIABLOzx

38 minutes ago, SurSlaughter said:

We have a 240 square kilometer map. Enjoy it, most game maps dont even come close.

Ats the whole point of wanting to spawn in my base, the map is too big. Im sick of having to run for like 2 hours everytime I die just to get loot.

3 minutes ago, Huracaan said:

Ats the whole point of wanting to spawn in my base, the map is too big. Im sick of having to run for like 2 hours everytime I die just to get loot.

Build your camp closer to the coast?

18 minutes ago, Huracaan said:

Guess this game is not for you bud.

All the new content has been out for like 6 hours and already asking for more. kids these dayz.

Edited by SurSlaughter

I don't know where to start. The reload is broken you have to spam for it to work, Zombie ghost through walls and fall through the game plus they desink and go invisible, you sometimes ghost through walls or fall through the floor. Your backpack says it equip and doesn't show your stuff. the shotgun has the same problem as the mosin which is an easy fix the same button that changes the firemode should load a round in the chamber, raincoats don't work was not problem when cold was not a factor, water tablets don't work again was not a problem when sickness was not a factor. Cantines well always get you sick no matter the water source. Who dose your testing guys they need to get fired. I found this out in 15 min of game play.

The feed back was full so here what I tried to put

14 hours ago, Huracaan said:

Go to your base and log out.. then when you log in, you will be in your base.
Don't get killed - staying alive is the point of the game..
Getting killed with " NO inconvenience" and spawning back in with all your stuff exactly where you left it, makes the game totally pointless.
Maybe try a <capture the flag>  game?  There are plenty.  Or a leveling game ? There are plenty.

Re-spawning back to your base makes it too easy to cheat (cut your own throat to get out of a problem and go get your stuff?) - so it will never happen.
and if you fresh-spawn back to what "was" your base - how do you know it won't be full of BAD GUYS ?  Then you're stuck for real.

I wonder why they invented this game in the first place and didn't make it more like Battlefield ?
.. running for two hours on a big map is just HELL ain't it ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 11/22/2018 at 9:14 PM, Jonathan Eliezer Ponce Quinones said:

WELL SAID! Im a Xbox gamer and went to Xbox cause I thought they had a GOOD community. But after hearing all these crys and tears is making me go to PC cause PC gamers know the struggle of unfinished games. When I bought DayZ I knew what I was getting into when I read "GAME PREVIEW" lol. All I can say to the dev's is.....STOP LISTENING TO THE COMMUNITY. if you know the update wont do good than dont push the update due to cry babys. Its just taking more time out of your hands to properly fix the game. Thank you Dev's for listening to us but now its time to listen to you guys!. 

All I was saying is do what you say but if can't give us what works even it just a little bit to mule us over. Shit I would been happy just to have the rope to work and the mosin to work right