Sign in to follow this  
Weyland Yutani (DayZ)

Using CeEditor

Maybe this could be a sticky?

I'm looking for some help using this CeEditor. I'm sure I'm not alone. Thank you.

So far I have this: 

http://tom4897.info/…/d…/modding/samples/ceeditor_chernarusplus.zip

https://la-quarantaine.fr/uploads/ceeditor_chernarusplus.zip

Edited by Weyland Yutani (DayZ)
  • Like 1

It works for me with the files you included. When I loaded AreaFlags.xml, it immediately showed me the map and the CE. I can draw area's for loot and AI.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Maybe this could be a sticky?

I'm looking for some help using this CeEditor. I'm sure I'm not alone. Thank you.

So far I have this: 

http://tom4897.info/…/d…/modding/samples/ceeditor_chernarusplus.zip

https://la-quarantaine.fr/uploads/ceeditor_chernarusplus.zip

Where did you actually find the sample?(link1) I was browsing that page looking for more samples but didn't really find any.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, IMT said:

It works for me with the files you included. When I loaded AreaFlags.xml, it immediately showed me the map and the CE. I can draw area's for loot and AI.

It opens and stuff, but how does one adjust infected numbers per zone or is that not done with this tool? I'm really not sure how to do anything besides open the AreaFlags.xml, uncheck the paint box, and scribble paint lines.

Under zombie_territories in Territory Types I have Army and Village selected. Now there are unclickable circles on the map. Shouldn't each of these circles be clickable with enterable data? Under Properties I see values for Static and Dynamic for Army and Village. Those numbers don't correspond to the overall numbers and it can't be selected area's because I can't select anything. Zone, it's greyed out and nothing is adjustable. Presumably the Zone is for infected and animals?

My goals are adjusting Infected numbers and regions (and numbers per region) as well as complete control over loot spawns.

10 minutes ago, coreyhun said:

Where did you actually find the sample?(link1) I was browsing that page looking for more samples but didn't really find any.

The same exact content is in the bottom link. I guess Tom took it down and is presumably working on a documented package that includes that content.

Links comes from here (1st one is Tom's, second one is a mirror I made for faster download).

j86HTYe.png

And here are the informations I got from Adam :

FDVFMNy.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

nvm, thanks!

Edited by coreyhun
have no idea how to delete

2 hours ago, GrosTon1 said:

Tried to show it live, sadly it ended not loading on the server. I'm asking Adam (Sumrak) if I did something wrong.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/333241647

My respect, sir

• Beans 1

cheers buddy i found it eventually, man i wish they put an official tut out for these things

On 11/16/2018 at 2:53 PM, Sy8282 said:

cheers buddy i found it eventually, man i wish they put an official tut out for these things

Or if it would actually work. I haven't deployed a CLE build but people I've talked to said it doesn't work.

46 minutes ago, Weyland Yutani (DayZ) said:

Or if it would actually work. I haven't deployed a CLE build but people I've talked to said it doesn't work.

havent been that far into it but ive been using it as an easy way to edit zombie and animal spawns as it tells you the type and the coordinates so easier that searching the xml manually 

Any updates guys? My resulting areaflags.map is 40mb (same with this Sample Chernarus Data) while the Official one is only 10mb ... it crashes the server.

On 4/1/2019 at 2:45 AM, zeroy said:

Any updates guys? My resulting areaflags.map is 40mb (same with this Sample Chernarus Data) while the Official one is only 10mb ... it crashes the server.

Got sorted, CEEditor does not like World Size of 2560 ... 2558 works! (in the XML)

Is this process still functional? For the life of me I can't get the areaflags.map to open for editing animal spawn points. I got the chernarusplus zip file, and extracted it to CeEditor, then launched the program, but got nothing. Just wondering if it's still a valid way to edit the map.