Tom_48_97

Modding Support and Tools, Initial Release

@Tom_48_97 I'm trying to figure out how scripting works on a platform like DayZ compared to Arma 3...

In Arma 3, scripting could be done via a mission file that the players downloaded upon joining a server. Scripts within this file can then be run on the Client, Server, or both. Server missions would be downloaded to an Arma 3 folder in a computer's local AppData.

However, I'm having trouble finding out how you can get custom scripts to run on a DayZ server (or client) because I can't find any indication of missions being downloaded to a players computer.

Would this mean that the only way to get custom scripts to run on a server would be through mods or directly modifying the scripts.pbo?

Maybe I should just wait for that documentation to come out. :P

Hello to the developers of DayZ!
I want to ask you, and waiting for an answer)
Question! Can I use models taken from other games in my mods? I do not sell them as well, and spread in open access (MODS)

WorkDrive won't work for me.

Reinstalled the DayZ Tools multiple times with changed paths etc. Tried to change the path in the settings.ini, sadly with no luck.

Always get "WorkDrive cannot start because the install seems corrupted. Do you want Steam to verify the integrity of DayZ Tools"

I had installed PDrive from the old Arma2 Modding tools a year ago, probably this got something corrupted/blocked?

ExitCode is also 0, so sadly no error-information whatsoever..

e49ce8dd8c5adb2114afe2bf928df226.png

If someone got an idea what I can try instead of reinstalling the whole OS, please hmu :-)

When I launched the workbench it gives me the error that the game version is not compatible. Is there a way to fix this? (I guess we need to wait for an update).

And when I look in the settings.ini the game path is set to D:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DayZ (DayZ is installed on C:\). Is this config used at all?

Workbench out of date apparently.

Workbench Version: 0.63.149374

Game Version: 0.63.149386

Edited by DilllPickle

9 minutes ago, DilllPickle said:

Workbench out of date apparently.

Workbench Version: 0.63.149374

Game Version: 0.63.149386

9f0eb5619671.jpg

welcome to experimental LOOOL

EDIT: Why do last users here made their first post on this forum ? oO! strange

Edited by Funkdoc

Can you post information about how to code or any functions that we can use?

On 11/7/2018 at 6:53 PM, Funkdoc said:

hi

if it helps, i can share my Arma 3 knowledge on how to get started with the tools (especially Terrain builder and the environment/extra tools).

STEP 1:

first thing to do is to give your new project a space where u can working on. BI Dev's use to do this on a own Drive called PDrive (P:). this drive must contain all the data for the modding purposes. that means we extract the gamefiles from ur Dayz steam folder to our PDrive. the tool workdrive can handle this and mounts a new P: drive...

• Install Dayz Tools
  • Run CMD as admin and change to your workdrive folder in your "Dayz Tools" installation (might be "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZ Tools\Bin\WorkDrive")
  • type: workdrive /mount /extractgamedata (this will take a while, it will extract the gamefiles to your "Dayz Projects" folder in "C:\Users\<USERNAME>\Documents\DayZ Projects")
  • after this process workdrive will mount a new drive P: (its a linked drive to your Dayz projects folder)
  • everytime u reboot/start your PC, u have to mount that drive but only with the "../mount " option, if u want work on your dayz project

Save all mod specific data from all editors u working on, on this drive

EDIT: ! dont run CMD as admin...sorry guys. run CMD as a normal user. the drive could take some time to show up in Windows Explorer.

So I'm interested in using the terrain builder and bulldozer, but I'm wondering if this is actually needed or if I can make another folder on my pc and just extract files to that and work from there? 

On 8.11.2018 at 1:48 PM, Tom_48_97 said:

You can also define your own work drive folder by editing the settings.ini (located in the root directory of the tool).

On 11/7/2018 at 3:12 PM, Tom_48_97 said:

• You can subscribe (for free) to the Tools packages from the Steam store. Once done, you will find these applications in your Steam library (switch the filter to "Tools").

There's no subscribe button on Steam for the tools and the DayZ Tools can't be found from my tools library... I can only leave a review for the tools...

So what's going on? You removed the option to install the tools? Am I really only one with this problem? I could probably use SteamCMD to get the tools but that doesn't sound right...

Edited by St. Jimmy

8 minutes ago, St. Jimmy said:

There's no subscribe button on Steam for the tools and the DayZ Tools can't be found from my tools library... I can only leave a review for the tools...

So what's going on? You removed the option to install the tools? Am I really only one with this problem? I could probably use SteamCMD to get the tools but that doesn't sound right...

they are there under DayZ server  in Tool on my steam , Although my advice is leave well alone for a week or so as they are proper battered at the moment i would use ArmA 3 TOOLS 

6 minutes ago, ofp2 said:

they are there under DayZ server  in Tool on my steam , Although my advice is leave well alone for a week or so as they are proper battered at the moment i would use ArmA 3 TOOLS 

Well they aren't there for me.  I only see the DayZ Server in the tools and I've it installed.

You have to exit steam and re sign in to refresh . turned your pc off won't do it 

6 hours ago, ofp2 said:

You have to exit steam and re sign in to refresh . turned your pc off won't do it 

Nope didn't help :(

I even signed out, restart the PC and sign-in back (typing password and Steam Guard code) and I still don't have DayZ Tools and I can't subscribe them.

/Made a ticket https://feedback.bistudio.com/T133713

Edited by St. Jimmy

Branch: Default
Date: 2018-11-12
Size: 11.7 MB
Version: 0.16

TOOLS:

BinMake

Added: Ruleset for default supported file types

Hi

is there Anyway we can get a backdated revision on that , seems it has created a new lengthy binarise process and no longer  fetches the p3d to Temp and applies to the terrain where clutter and such is concerned 

cheers

1 hour ago, ofp2 said:

Hi

is there Anyway we can get a backdated revision on that , seems it has created a new lengthy binarise process and no longer  fetches the p3d to Temp and applies to the terrain where clutter and such is concerned 

cheers

Here's a guide how to download old versions of games and stuff in Steam using SteamCMD:

https://imgur.com/a/gBLJO

Links for the SteamDB stuff that this method will need:

https://steamdb.info/app/830640/depots/

https://steamdb.info/depot/830641/manifests/

If the tools want to auto-update always, you might need to play with the appmanifest file for Steam to think they're up-to-date. Might need some additional steps like changing it to read-only and back:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UdzSNJeZik

But I'm not sure do the tools watch what's the current version of DayZ or something since I still don't have those, so can't guarantee this to work...

Edited by St. Jimmy
  • Thanks 1

Hi! We are hosting DayZ server from one of the official providers with no file access, just standard admin panel. We read a lot about modding and stuff. What I can see from our experience in order to add mods to the server we need to switch to file version. Do you have any plans for adding admin panel (or something like that), what we as admins will be able to place move, remove, replace buildings on map, spawn things, adjust zombie spawn and so on? If this is planned, will it happen in the nearest future, or waiting will take too long and is better to move to the server with file access? 

Thank you in advance!

Jelena

Edited by gofireup

Hi It seems game version is  upsetting  the workbench again if we are on Experimental, any chance of a version change ?

P.S are we better off in stable branch when modding or  ?   

Much appreciated

On 11/22/2018 at 2:39 PM, ofp2 said:

Hi It seems game version is  upsetting  the workbench again if we are on Experimental, any chance of a version change ?

P.S are we better off in stable branch when modding or  ?   

Much appreciated

It's recommended to use the main branch of the game as we don't maintain the compatibility between the tools and the experimental branch of the game.

cheers  ,  for now it all seems to  be good ,  infact tools are working very well thankyou   , we maybe  get some samples soon :) ?