eugenharton

Addressing the most pressing issues

On 7.11.2018 at 3:58 AM, gekker said:

You just have to change or add a new <btn name="keyName" /> tag inside of the <input name="userAction">. tag you want to change. 

For example: if you want to add Mouse Button 5 to zoom in you want to add <btn name="mb5" /> within the <input name="UAZoomIn"> tag. Like this:

<input name="UAZoomIn">
        <btn name="mBMiddle" />
        <btn name="mb5" />
        <btn name="x1ShoulderRight" />
</input>

i know how to use xml, but what about actions like "hold button x" or "2x button x" ? is there a map or list which buttons can be assigned? also last time i checked the toggles are kinda broken, putting toggle raise weapon on a key is fine, but putting it on a mouse button makes you raise/lower your weapon constantly while you hold the button as fast as the game can do, this resulted in me getting kicked from a server once, and its basically a random outcome once you release the button if you end up with a raised or lowered weapon

Edited by ZomboWTF

Editing the XML is one thing if you have an example guide and ALL the functions. As it is now, its useless because there is no wiki or guide that defines and shows ALL <input name and <btn name possibilities or ones that are available. So you don;t know what some of them are.. like fucking arrows or numblock keys.   

Some of us (im sure im not the only one) refuse to learn the current controls and play the game.  

Edited by red w0lf

hey guys im trying to change my keybid for ADSing (aiming down sight) but i can't find it anywhere or atleast i don't know how it is called in the config file, could someone help me with this issue?.

I understand about the UI for keybindings but can we please have a guide/key for editing the XML directly? Happy to do this but no good if we don't have a list of contents for each key......

Mainly up and down arrows for us lot who are too old to WASD, surely you guys have a list you can post here? Then one of us could provide a guide for the less Tekki/XML happy people.

Edited by Dwardo Rodregez

On 11/7/2018 at 8:37 PM, ImpulZ said:

There are currently no plans for a complete interior overhaul.

Do you mind if i ask why that is ? I think alot would agree indoor lighting is a pretty crucial immersion aspect. I mean isnt it a left over issue from the old arma days ? World lighting not registering the geometry ?

4 hours ago, liquidcactus said:

Do you mind if i ask why that is ? I think alot would agree indoor lighting is a pretty crucial immersion aspect. I mean isnt it a left over issue from the old arma days ? World lighting not registering the geometry ?

According to the map designer there are still elements of the old engine in the map that make it impossible for dark interiors during the day.

Also about interior reworks. Perhaps a complete overhaul is not going to happen for house interiors but a rework is planned according to Adam the map designer. He said a few times that common houses will get rework for the interiors plus ivy growth. I just think that this is good moment, if possible, to make interiors maybe even just slightly darker.

By the way, I am pretty happy that the increase in the night darkness also affects the interiors. Inside of houses is very dark now, while previously you still could easily loot there during the night time.

• Beans 1

On 11/6/2018 at 11:35 PM, eugenharton said:

Changing key binds in the settings screen

One of the most important modules in any multiplayer game besides the player controller is the input module of our engine. For the better part of this year, we've worked on delivering a new, reworked input module. We needed something that's easily moddable, scriptable and most importantly, something that opens up more possibilities than the old system. This transition had us cut the UI for key-binds because the new UI wasn't compatible with the old input module, and now, when we actually do use the new input module already, we're waiting for the UI to be fully connected to it.

While regrettable, it was a decision that had to be made, and we simply had to push the changes even without full UI support, as the input module is a necessary component for other changes in the game. That said, our goal is to deliver the UI for key-binds as soon as possible - right now, this is blocked by the work on the server browser, and as soon as we've got that part of UI sorted, we'll move right onto key-binds.

In the meantime, and I'm not saying its something I'm particularly happy about, you can use the configuration file where the key-binds are stored - we'll try to help you explain how to work with that on the forums.

Then, give us a list of the keys and what your call them in the .xml file. As an example:

<input name="UAQuickReload">
        <btn name="kR" />
        <btn name="x1X" />
    </input>

That way we can fix this our self :)

Rant:
Another thing, this is the first time I really have been slightly irritated. Reason is not that this is NOT done and fixed but the fact that DayZ team call this Beta and launched it to Stable.
Rumors say it is over 600 bugs to fix. Those facts, do not sound good at all, especially when the team in fact has less than a month till release of 1.0.

I suggest you skip the Xmas features this holidays and use the time to sort stuff out.

Take care.

On 11/8/2018 at 12:22 PM, ZomboWTF said:

i know how to use xml, but what about actions like "hold button x" or "2x button x" ? is there a map or list which buttons can be assigned? also last time i checked the toggles are kinda broken, putting toggle raise weapon on a key is fine, but putting it on a mouse button makes you raise/lower your weapon constantly while you hold the button as fast as the game can do, this resulted in me getting kicked from a server once, and its basically a random outcome once you release the button if you end up with a raised or lowered weapon

Hey, I just asked for just that. A list of what each key means in the .xml file.

Hopefully they will do so :)

On 7.11.2018 at 11:26 PM, amadieus said:

Is the pc version still getting the radial menu for emotes?

They said it will come.

On 12.11.2018 at 1:42 AM, Smokeemcpot_ said:

PLEASE WORK ON PERSISTENCE. No sense in the community building  when it will all evaporate within hrs

Send the persistance files to the devs over the bugtracker so they can look into it. thats what they mention all the time.

5 hours ago, Gronkhou said:

Then wait untill its back up, or send them over Discord or something, idk what they accept.

I just wanted to inform you and others.
I have no need to wait for the tracker to get up or in any need to send anything, I done my share off that ;)

Keybinding changes are still a no go. If you change them in the file directly the game will crash out, same for the in game option. 

Can't believe we have waited this long only to be side tracked for support of Xbox controllers. Game still unplayable at beta and starting to lose the support of us lot that have been around since the beginning. 

Poor show. 

Edited by Dwardo Rodregez