Syd Barrett

Can’t load magazines.

Anytime I load a new mag into any gun, it won’t do anything. 

The combine button pops up, but nothing happens .

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

3 hours ago, Syd Barrett said:

Anytime I load a new mag into any gun, it won’t do anything. 

The combine button pops up, but nothing happens .

Any ideas on how to deal with this?

Are you removing the existing mag before trying to combine new mag with firearm?

10 hours ago, Syd Barrett said:

Also, when I put a full mag in , it also doesn’t work.

Well that sounds like a bugged/glitched mag... One of the previous updates were supposed to fix issues like that. What I did personally is I dropped all the mags in my inventory as I found new ones to replace the bugged mags after that update came out.

Place weapon on ground. Place mag in hand. Go to the weapon's mag and swap with the one in hand. Load ammo into mag. You've succesfully loaded a fully loaded mag into your weapon and refilled the previous one.

Hope this helps.

2 minutes ago, Man Parts 241 said:

Place weapon on ground. Place mag in hand. Go to the weapon's mag and swap with the one in hand. Load ammo into mag. You've successfully loaded a fully loaded mag into your weapon and refilled the previous one.

Hope this helps.

Be careful doing this though, as if you accidentally take the mag out instead of swapping it whilst the gun is on the ground, you will bug the gun. Making it so you cannot load another mag into it, rendering it garbage unless you chamber it.

You are all wrong.

It all has to do with inventory. A magazine takes up 3 slots. Let's say your using a tactical vest with 35 slots. You have all your mags in it...so you have used 33/35 ...taking out a mag and switch to another one requiers 3 slots free. If there are not 3 slots free anywhere nothing happens. If you move a mag from the vest so you have 30/35 i can assure you that you can reload.

2 hours ago, bent.toe said:

You are all wrong.

It all has to do with inventory. A magazine takes up 3 slots. Let's say your using a tactical vest with 35 slots. You have all your mags in it...so you have used 33/35 ...taking out a mag and switch to another one requiers 3 slots free. If there are not 3 slots free anywhere nothing happens. If you move a mag from the vest so you have 30/35 i can assure you that you can reload.

So you're just sort of assuming quite a bit in that statement while telling everyone else they are wrong? No. You clearly didnt read the thread. even if you dont have free slots you can still reload for a fresh mag. The old one just takes the place of the new one. Stop talking rubbish and telling people they are wrong when they are actually trying to help.

Edited by Angath05
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Dopplerman said:

Be careful doing this though, as if you accidentally take the mag out instead of swapping it whilst the gun is on the ground, you will bug the gun. Making it so you cannot load another mag into it, rendering it garbage unless you chamber it.

I try to never go completely empty for this exact reason. My gun stays with one in the chamber.

1 hour ago, bent.toe said:

You are all wrong.

Wait, what? I'm wrong for posting a workaround? Wadu hek?!

1 hour ago, Angath05 said:

So you're just sort of assuming quite a bit in that statement while telling everyone else they are wrong? No. You clearly didnt read the thread. even if you dont have free slots you can still reload for a fresh mag. The old one just takes the place of the new one. Stop talking rubbish and telling people they are wrong when they are actually trying to help.

Wrong.

You can not reload an old mag unless the inventory have 3 open slots for the old mag.

If you don't believe me, fill up all your inventory slots so that you only have 2 free slots in every section (pants, jacket, backpack, vest ...etc)

Now try and reload any weapon with a mag that takes up 3 slots.

After that..clearing any section so that you have 3 slots free...now try and reload.

Then come back here and tell me what an idiot i am.

Sidenote*

250+ hours, been everywhere in the map, tried everything...and i mean eeeeverything, from taking blood samples to broadcasting a station to measure the distance of the portable radio to combining, crafting and inventory perfection.

@bent.toe well that must be new since the update then because it has worked before with me. Doesn't detract from the fact that you made a lot of assumptions before posting your apparent solution without knowing anything. You should have asked if the inventory was full first instead of telling everyone they are wrong. So once again, stop talking rubbish and telling people they are wrong when they are trying to help.

Oh, and for the record, I didn't call you an idiot anywhere. Also, your playtime has nothing to do with it, seeing as updates are frequent. If you think it matters then I'm sure over the life of DayZ I have had many more, being a PC player beforehand.

7 minutes ago, Angath05 said:

@bent.toe well that must be new since the update then because it has worked before with me. Doesn't detract from the fact that you made a lot of assumptions before posting your apparent solution without knowing anything. You should have asked if the inventory was full first instead of telling everyone they are wrong. So once again, stop talking rubbish and telling people they are wrong when they are trying to help.

Oh, and for the record, I didn't call you an idiot anywhere. Also, your playtime has nothing to do with it, seeing as updates are frequent. If you think it matters then I'm sure over the life of DayZ I have had many more, being a PC player beforehand.

I'm om PC aswell, playing hunt Showdown and EFT right now, been playing on all platforms, all genres for over 34 years... I know my shit.

Simple as that.

PS. Playtime has everything to do with it. 

@bent.toe well in that case I would have assumed you would know better than to make assumptions when someone has a problem and telling everyone else they are wrong. 

9 minutes ago, Angath05 said:

@bent.toe well in that case I would have assumed you would know better than to make assumptions when someone has a problem and telling everyone else they are wrong. 

We wont get further with this.

I would have to agree with bent.toe, you definitely need space in your inventory. This causes problems with other things too such as swapping certain items because there is not enough space. I'm not saying the Op didn't have a glitch going on but the first thing to check is definitely inventory space.