bearjew1101

How to minimise the risk of betrayal?

Hi Peeps , 

Got a bit of a dilemma , and was wondering if anyone could offer any insight? my question is simply this ; how does one mitigate the risk of betrayal in chenaurus ? this problem has arisen lately when recruiting new initiates to the group . We do not want to hinder the growth of the group and believe in taking gamers at face value ... but as of recently we find ourselves in firefights where the enemy just seems to know where we are. We have accepted a number of new recruits lately and some just don't ring true , so to extrapolate from my  original question what would be the best way to vet these people ? a trial period ? to only accept recommended people via invitation? i really am at a loss .. I do not want to hinder the growth of the group but I also do not want to ruin our members game time either ? any suggestions would be greatly appreciated .

The Jew 

Extremely difficult creating player groups until private servers are an option, with admins who can hard ban people etc. Then you can have  a trusted invite system aswell as a server application system to vet people. Until then its all face value, I'd personally just accept friends of friends. And if your playing in a server with a group of more than five people split them of into smaller squads with squad leaders and assign squad leader roles to trusted members, then those leaders can report any suspicious behaviour back to whoevers in a command role.

just take into account that other survivors do talk and large groups do pull a lot if attention especially in high traffic areas and the coast so not all incidents can be assigned to treachery. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It’s a quality over quantity scenario.

If you’re truly looking for solid people, the growth rate of your group has to suffer a bit, while you sift through people’s personality.

Or, you go for numbers, and trolls are likely to slip through.

Me, quality over quantity any day!

• Like 2

Start small and like these gents have explained you will be able to control your group more by using trusted individuals to manage a team or sector when things start to lose control 

• Like 1

techniques:

1) Look at your players' friends on Steam.; draw up a DB list of players/friends/incidents.. then get your resident Boffin (call them 'M') working out the connections. 
From then on use the Soviet KGB technique, the CIA technique or the Brit M16 technique, or MOSSAD's system.. (these are all "documented" , and all pretty much the same)... [ps. this is boring work]

2) OR - Split your clan into two groups under trusted lieutenants - both go different ways.. If you have one spy and one group has a significant higher number of ambushes, then you know the spy is in THAT group..  so you have 50% innocent players.. now subdivide and mix and do the same again.. that gets your "suspicious group" down to 25%.. rinse and repeat.. eventually you go on a mission with 5 trusted players and the suspect.. see what happens.

3) find out which external group is hassling you and infiltrate one of your players into their group.. (same as (1) - who's online, who is friends, etc) .. [more boring work, from the other end]. Might be fun for the infiltrator.

Now I've told you openly, the player would be crazy to fall for any of this - RIGHT ?
It's easier to only accept players who are recommended by an Already Trusted player you know, or who is known to another Trusted player. ..<pyramid> ..  then each of your members has a sponsor. 

but hell,
- as a general rule of thumb  - if a player gets too "chummy" with you, just shoot them.
That has always worked. = 3000 years of history can't be wrong!!

ENJOY

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

2) OR - Split your clan into two groups under trusted lieutenants - both go different ways.. If you have one spy and one group has a significant higher number of ambushes, then you know the spy is in THAT group..  so you have 50% innocent players.. now subdivide and mix and do the same again.. that gets your "suspicious group" down to 25%.. rinse and repeat.. eventually you go on a mission with 5 trusted players and the suspect.. see what happens.

but hell,
- as a general rule of thumb  - if a player gets too "chummy" with you, just shoot them.

ENJOY

I love these techniques, well said!

• Beans 1

6 hours ago, pilgrim* said:

but hell,

ENJOY

Uh oh... I can be rather chummy when meeting new people.

I guess if we ever played together, I’d be sure to skip the pleasantries.

• Beans 1