War1989

Game Freezes In Inventory

Question

I"ll be in a sever and everything works fine for awhile then I'll go into my inventory and my game freezes in inventory menu. After this happens I quit the game and then open the game again then start playing again. After in go into the inventory menu a few times it freezes up again. This has happened to me several times I just wanted to see if this was only happening to me.

15 answers to this question

It is a permanent freeze? Or it is happening only for a few seconds and then you can continue?

26 minutes ago, Baty Alquawen said:

It is a permanent freeze? Or it is happening only for a few seconds and then you can continue?

Permanent freeze.  I have also had this happen to me playing game then go into inventory and cycle down using Left or Right Triggers to bottom of screen and it permanently freezes.  Have to quit game by using glowing Xbox center button to get into Xbox menu.

Can you send me your ID? It is located in the main menu in the left corner next to the game version and it is really long. Thank you.

Does it seem permanent or do you actually wait a good couple minutes? Ive stood over corpses and it has taken literally 2 minutes to load thats why I ask

1 hour ago, Baty Alquawen said:

Can you send me your ID? It is located in the main menu in the left corner next to the game version and it is really long. Thank you.

Baty, I just messaged you directly through this system with player ID about game freezing.  Let me know if you received it.  Kynero

6 hours ago, Chris Burton said:

Does it seem permanent or do you actually wait a good couple minutes? Ive stood over corpses and it has taken literally 2 minutes to load thats why I ask

The freezing issue while in inventory screen seems to be permanent for me.  I have waited for a minute or so and while in inventory you can not back out or do anything except hit glowing Xbox controller button to go back to main Xbox screen and then shut game app down. The freezing occurs when using R trigger to switch between inventory items on character such as backpack, pants etc...and only happens for me when you R trigger down to last inventory item on the character

I have reported this in Bug section but for some reason the Bug section for Xbox is not updating to show my log.

17 hours ago, War1989 said:

I"ll be in a sever and everything works fine for awhile then I'll go into my inventory and my game freezes in inventory menu. After this happens I quit the game and then open the game again then start playing again. After in go into the inventory menu a few times it freezes up again. This has happened to me several times I just wanted to see if this was only happening to me.

I am also having the same issue. I haven't heard any of my friends complain of it. I am on a xbox one x. I have waited about 5 - 10 minutes to see if it is loading the stuff around me. I am at work but will post my ID once I get home. Happens maybe about 2 or 3 times in a one night for me. 

This has also happened to me and my friends when we play. My buddy Luke got kicked 3 times yesterday because of it.  Now I do know it happens just about anywhere but we where in bigger cities when he got kicked. But I wonder if its worse in bigger cities or when there's a ton to render in etc. I'm gonna check it out and see when I get home later. But yes I don't get it that bad all the time but it will lag a lot and then a few times freeze.

Yes. It sucks having to restart every time this happens. 

This issue happens to me very frequently,  usually only when I'm holding A to micro manage and move items in the inventory from column to column,  ie.  Bandages from backpack to pants. 

This has happened to me but only when using triggers to scroll down. It gets to the last container and then crashes. It hasn't happened since the update 24/10.. However inventory is very slow, and I'm finding when using quick bar to select/deselect it places the item behind or on the top of items and kind of inbetween containers.. Probably should be a new log for different issue but it maybe connected. To resolve I have to use quick bar then press 'Y' to put the affected item away correctly, this sorts it out. 

The latter issue is happening all the time since update 02/11.. I have dvr if required.

Rgds.

This has happened to me about 2-3 times and I think one of them had to do with equipping the new shotgun, but that was a one time thing and I can equip it just fine now

My game i open  the inventory and after 15 seconds  freezes and crashes the game i  have unistall and install again  changed server but i can t play die of hunger our thirst my inventory is full

I bought the game yesterday, got about 20 mins of game play although it’s non stop rain and been nighttime 90% of the time, now every time I open the inventory and start to move around in the inventory game freezes with that horrible noise and crashes. I’ve tried deleting and reinstalling, deleting saved data and probably 30 or more servers all with the same effect.

game is totally unplayable.......