Molecular Drift 1.0

Population of infected

Now I don't spend a whole lot of time in cities, but I've been to nearly all of them. Is it just me, or is the amount of infected drastically higher in villages than in cities? I've seen upwards of 15-25 infected roaming around small villages, but maybe 5-15 in larger towns and cities... Could it be that many were cleared out by other players and the bodies were scrubbed before I arrived? Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this or if it's just the timing of my arrival, because I have yet to see large numbers of infected in any city and I never seem to find any bodies laying around. By no means am I complaining, simply just curious.

I believe I did notice this in the PC version.

I feel like the concentration of infected is more dense in smaller villages and towns.

This may be to save frames in the large, lag inducing cities.

• Like 1

Well cities are bigger than towns so overall there are probably more infected, but still not as much that it gives the same impression as it does with small towns.

• Like 2

Quite labour intensive server side to run infected & with large cities being abit rougher on fps I think they've turned down the infected count in cities abit. I did see in the latest PC status report that zombies are getting a model rework so that there far simpler to run server side as currently i believe they have a full skeletal system running internally like players do which is a lot for the server to calculate, after they've been simplified (which they did state wouldn't effect the way they act or receive damage etc) that they will be able to significantly increase the amount if infected map wide . I for one look forward to zombies becoming more of a threat as it'll add  more risk to PvP due to them aggro'ing and swarming players shooting 

Edited by TheYetiBum
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, amadieus said:

Well cities are bigger than towns so overall there are probably more infected, but still not as much that it gives the same impression as it does with small towns.

That makes sense! Just kinda figured there'd be more mobs in the cities. :)

5 hours ago, TheYetiBum said:

Quite labour intensive server side to run infected & with large cities being abit rougher on fps I think they've turned down the infected count in cities abit. I did see in the latest PC status report that zombies are getting a model rework so that there far simpler to run server side as currently i believe they have a full skeletal system running internally like players do which is a lot for the server to calculate, after they've been simplified (which they did state wouldn't effect the way they act or receive damage etc) that they will be able to significantly increase the amount if infected map wide . I for one look forward to zombies becoming more of a threat as it'll add  more risk to PvP due to them aggro'ing and swarming players shooting 

Yes more zombies would be better for game play in general and make it more interesting coupled with the PvP!

• Like 2