THYERS

Targetting Mismatch Bug

Question

I want to know which target is the right one, see clip below.  The crosshairs don't align in different aim perspectives, I intially thought my gun was nerfed but now I am thinking it is because of the targetting issues.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EagerObeseCaribouKAPOW

4 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, THYERS said:

I want to know which target is the right one, see clip below.  The crosshairs don't align in different aim perspectives, I intially thought my gun was nerfed but now I am thinking it is because of the targetting issues.

https://clips.twitch.tv/EagerObeseCaribouKAPOW

I couldn't see the hud/reticule when in 3rd person, but I did notice the movement.

I see this issue particularly when moving shoulder view. So switching from right shoulder to left shoulder and mixing in first person.

Unfortunately I dont have an answer, but for further testing, we could aim at one location, fire a shot and view the bullet hole on a wall on 3rd person right shoulder, 3rd person left shoulder, right shoulder swap to 1st person, then left shoulder swap to 1st person and see where all 4 bullets land.

i'm a PC guy, so i don't exactly know how it should work on the Xbox.

what i see happening is, that the crosshairs in the 3pp are aiming at the point on the ground behind the tree, not the tree itself. so when you look through the scope you look at that spot on the ground.

the question is, should the character aim at the point that intersects the line draw from the center of the camera to the crosshairs (so the character movement follows the aim) or should the crosshairs be at the point the character aims at.

I found a quick fix for this problem hold the left trigger in and aim straight up in the air and it fixes it. Just do that every time your gun and reticle don't line up

3rd person is never spot on only ADS. 3rd person is always to the right or the left of center. 1st person its almost center you can check this by aiming at a point on a wall and changing from ads to hip fire.