slluxx

More zombies?

Is it possible to make more zombies spawn? i feel like editing the events.xml doesnt do anything.
I encountered 4 zombies as soon as i spawned but then not a single one even in small towns. they are easy to kill so i would like to get a few more into the game

Edit: i saw some reddit post about that but that included editing some packed pbo addon  files and repack them that seemd a little sketchy idk

Edited by slluxx

same here onyl get when spawned i did try to change in the xml files will keep posted

im curious to find this out too,   cause i have 5 people on my server  and had like 10 zombies  at spawn  and not seen a single one since then,  and the events.xml  doesnt really describe a whole bunch :/

Unpack DayZServer\addons\worlds_chernarusplus_ai with PBOManager or another PBO Tool.

Open zombie_territories.xml

This contains information around where the AI should spawn "x" & "z" being the location of the zone, "r" controls the radius, the "d" value I'm not sure about. With this file you could potenially generate spawn zones across the entire map or add more to areas that already have some.

Change the dmax and dmin values for each spawn zone.

Dmax/Min = Dynamic

Smax/Min = Static

<zone d="2" r="90" z="14634.2" x="7992.86" dmax="10" dmin="5" smax="5" smin="3" name="InfectedArmy"/>

Save and Copy/RePack back into the PBO file.

This events.xml was also provided by Dwarden on the DayZ discord, it fixed an issue where zombies weren't triggering at all in some areas.

https://pastebin.com/6Wm1NngW

Edited by smasht

2 hours ago, smasht said:

Unpack DayZServer\addons\worlds_chernarusplus_ai with PBOManager or another PBO Tool.

Open zombie_territories.xml

This contains information around where the AI should spawn "x" & "z" being the location of the zone, "r" controls the radius, the "d" value I'm not sure about. With this file you could potenially generate spawn zones across the entire map or add more to areas that already have some.

Change the dmax and dmin values for each spawn zone.

Dmax/Min = Dynamic

Smax/Min = Static

<zone d="2" r="90" z="14634.2" x="7992.86" dmax="10" dmin="5" smax="5" smin="3" name="InfectedArmy"/>

Save and Copy/RePack back into the PBO file.

This events.xml was also provided by Dwarden on the DayZ discord, it fixed an issue where zombies weren't triggering at all in some areas.

https://pastebin.com/6Wm1NngW

so if i understand correctly    

<zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="3" smax="5" dmin="3" dmax="5" x="7992.86" z="14634.2" r="90" d="2"/>   

I should change this to

<zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="3" smax="5" dmin="10" dmax="50" x="7992.86" z="14634.2" r="90" d="2"/>

To have Min 10 Zombies and Max 50 Zombies?

Yep, for that zone specifically. I use find and replace in notepad++ to quickly change the values for a lot of zones at once.

hello, I also have the way the zombies have to digest, now the only question is how to bring them to

respawn Excuse my english

Edited by SaarPlayTV

12 hours ago, smasht said:

Yep, for that zone specifically. I use find and replace in notepad++ to quickly change the values for a lot of zones at once.

alright so i went through all zones and changed the numbers by around 3x and started server up,  nothing has spawned in NW Mil base and its been about 20 Mins :/       *this is also with that Event.xml you linked*

Going to revert back to default Events.xml and see if they spawn then

Edited by cody0520

@smasht s way of doing it was exactly what i found on reddit but it didnt had an effect. it also feels kinda sketchy. why do we have to edit those addon files ?
nothing seems to help either way

43 minutes ago, slluxx said:

@smasht s way of doing it was exactly what i found on reddit but it didnt had an effect. it also feels kinda sketchy. why do we have to edit those addon files ?

thats worked for me i was able to create zombie hords :D

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mrwolv said:

thats worked for me i was able to create zombie hords :D

How big of an fps hit was it on your server? I am looking at increasing zed spawns and eventually a hord that moves around the map once more tools are available.

Just now, JohnnyBravo2014 said:

How big of an fps hit was it on your server? I am looking at increasing zed spawns and eventually a hord that moves around the map once more tools are available.

well i was getting around 144-180 in game and it went down to around 100 so not much to notice really

2 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo2014 said:

at the moment im working on adjusting weight on items like barrels its the main thing people are using to base on my server and at 10kg there to heavy lol need to be around 3-6kg

3 hours ago, mrwolv said:

at the moment im working on adjusting weight on items like barrels its the main thing people are using to base on my server and at 10kg there to heavy lol need to be around 3-6kg

I didn't realize you could adjust the weight on the items themselves. Could you point me in the right direction for this as I'll throw this on my to-do list as well. lol

8 hours ago, mrwolv said:

well i was getting around 144-180 in game and it went down to around 100 so not much to notice really

whats the Highest amount you got?  mines at 25 Atm          Also Keep a Eye on Server FPS  that also matters a bunch :)

13 hours ago, slluxx said:

it works  i can give you my PBO and Events.xml file   it works on my server and i have about 25Max zombies that can dynamicly spawn

On 25/09/2018 at 7:44 AM, cody0520 said:

whats the Highest amount you got?  mines at 25 Atm          Also Keep a Eye on Server FPS  that also matters a bunch :)

i have mine set a good rate about 15-25  fire zombies 10-25 polcie and the others ive got set to around 15-35 works really well just need to spread out the zombie spawn points as when you shoot they start to spawn and they ive also got the hordes in aswell

14 hours ago, mrwolv said:

i have mine set a good rate about 15-25  fire zombies 10-25 polcie and the others ive got set to around 15-35 works really well just need to spread out the zombie spawn points as when you shoot they start to spawn and they ive also got the hordes in aswell

Can I try those files Wolv>?

can anyone explain to me what these mean please i have a good idear just need to understand them i will add <-------- next to each one

<event name="InfectedPolice">
        <waves>0</waves>  <-------------------------------------------- here
        <nominal>60</nominal>
        <min>30</min>
        <max>110</max>
        <lifetime>198</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>               <-------------------------------------------- here
        <saferadius>110</saferadius>  <-------------------------------------------- here    would this be the raidus from a player the zombies spawn
        <distanceradius>80</distanceradius>  <-------------------------------------------- here    would this be the radius they spawn at from each other so there 80 between each zombie
        <cleanupradius>110</cleanupradius> <-------------------------------------------- here
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <position>player</position>
        <limit>mixed</limit>
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="60" min="50" type="ZmbF_PoliceWomanNormal"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="60" min="50" type="ZmbM_PolicemanFat"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="1" max="20" min="10" type="ZmbM_PolicemanSpecForce"/>

</children>
    </event>

Edited by mrwolv