droefheid

Reanimation?

Hey,

Not ever heard about this or seen it on the forums or in-game. 

But anyway-..

When you die, let's say, by the infected killing you, does your character's body simply de-spawn after a while or does it come back as a Zombie?

If this isn't in the game this would be an awesome feature, seeing your best buddy, who got swarmed a short time earlier, shambling around as a zombie, and you're faced with the decision of putting him out of his misery or letting him continue his quest for flesh is the best option!

Edited by droefheid
  • Like 1

Unfortunately in @Baty Alquawen pinned thread called FAQ in General Discussion on the forums, she has stated that Reainimation will not be coming to game.

Cool concept I agree but not where the devs are looking

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

Unfortunately in @Baty Alquawen pinned thread called FAQ in General Discussion on the forums, she has stated that Reainimation will not be coming to game.

Cool concept I agree but not where the devs are looking

Would be so cool, I've seen it in other zombie titles, I wanna say project zomboid has this feature, although I'm not sure!

• Beans 1

Yeah, would be cool, but lorewise the "zombies" in DayZ are living people infected with a rage virus. Players are part of the small group of humans who were naturally immune to the virus and have to survive in the ruins. So, think more 28 Days/Weeks Later for inspiration rather than flicks with actual undead shuffling about. Since we're immune the turning/reanimation question is moot.

That said it would be awesome if the infected would actually proceed to eat players and animals they kill. They have to eat something, right? Or they'd have starved to death long ago. So it would only make sense if they would rip into any corpse they come across, be that player or animal. Could be a legit way to escape a horde that has aggroed you, pop your buddy in the kneecap and leave him to the zeds while you run for the hills...

Also, I wouldn't be very surprised if one or two mods pop up with more of the Walking Dead variant of zeds. If it could be possible for modders to script reanimation I haven't an idea, but it would be fun.