iroker

Zombies not spawning regular

So, i am playing no for some hours on my private server and i have noticed this behaviour:

walking to a city doesn't trigger zombies to spawn.

once i relog the zombies are spawned

same in any city, who knows what's the problem?

I don't know how you solved this, but in my case i have restarted the server many times. Every time i go in to a  new city no zombies are spawned,

27 minutes ago, Violt said:

"Experimental"

has nothing todo with this fact. we want to know how the stuff works, so please spare us your senseless comment

• Like 1

This is the same exact problem you'll see in the Offline Mode, which makes sense since it's the same mission that was released with the server files.

It obviously shouldn't be attributed to "Experimental" because the official Experimental servers spawn infected normally.

Still looking into it, but I'm at a dead end since I don't have much experience creating/modding missions.  It would be much easier if we could compare the mission that is running on the official servers, though I imagine BI may not be so quick to share that.

8 hours ago, sanguine00 said:

This is the same exact problem you'll see in the Offline Mode, which makes sense since it's the same mission that was released with the server files.

It obviously shouldn't be attributed to "Experimental" because the official Experimental servers spawn infected normally.

Still looking into it, but I'm at a dead end since I don't have much experience creating/modding missions.  It would be much easier if we could compare the mission that is running on the official servers, though I imagine BI may not be so quick to share that.

That's true, i was confused when  i saw the missions filename "dayzOffline.chernarusplus" which is the same as you mentioned with the offline mode name.

I had played with the offline mode and i also had achieved to spawn more zombies and in every city, but those were static spawns which you can setup in a file outside the missions folder (forgot which pbo was).

I have the suspicion that the trigger for dynamic spawns is not in the mission files.

25 minutes ago, iroker said:

I had played with the offline mode and i also had achieved to spawn more zombies and in every city, but those were static spawns which you can setup in a file outside the missions folder (forgot which pbo was).

Could you tell me what you changed I want a crazy amount of zombies on my server.

I changed the events file but I'm not sure I did it correctly.
the files lack comments on what stuff does/means

I changed the <nominal>50</nominal> parameters to 100 but didn't notice the changes

Is my thinking correct in that:

<waves>0</waves>  ~  not supported yet?
<nominal>50</nominal>  ~  is the amount of zombies?
<min>25</min>  ~  minimal distance?
<max>100</max>  ~  maximum distance?
<lifetime>180</lifetime>  ~  time before despawn? (min?)
<restock>0</restock>  ~  replaced somewhere else in the radius when killed?
<saferadius>100</saferadius>  ~  distance from zombie before agro?
<distanceradius>50</distanceradius>  ~  meters of radius around player where zombies spawn
<cleanupradius>100</cleanupradius>  ~  meters of distance before corpse/zombies cleanup
<flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>  ~  ????
<position>player</position>  ~  radius based on player entity?
<limit>custom</limit>  ~  ??
<active>1</active>  ~  turn on/off?

the answer is in the global.xml which is in the mission file

here you got to edit the <maxzombie> this is default set to 500 meaning there will be 500 zombies in total on the map

ive increased this to 10000 with the spawninital to 2400 and had no issue with no zombies

2 minutes ago, hypoflex said:

the answer is in the global.xml which is in the mission file

here you got to edit the <maxzombie> this is default set to 500 meaning there will be 500 zombies in total on the map

ive increased this to 10000 with the spawninital to 2400 and had no issue with no zombies

yes, but in this way youre spawning static zombies, which is not very good for the servers performance. i had used that on my offline mode and i got 5 FPS because of the zombies.

Now i will try this method with the server and see how this impacts the performance.

36 minutes ago, kaspar rave said:

Could you tell me what you changed I want a crazy amount of zombies on my server.

I changed the <nominal>50</nominal> parameters to 100 but didn't notice the changes

<distanceradius>50</distanceradius>  ~  meters of radius around player where zombies spawn
<cleanupradius>100</cleanupradius>  ~  meters of distance before corpse/zombies cleanup
<flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>  ~  ????

i am clueless like you are. Your annotation makes sense, but i am not so sure. What i have already find out is that <position>player</position> is different to <position>fixed</position> which is used for the animals.

Now i suspect that this portion involves the dynamic spawn of the AI, is this a thing? do we have dynamic spawning zombies additional to the fixed ones?

1 hour ago, kaspar rave said:

<waves>0</waves>  ~  not supported
<nominal>50</nominal>  ~  Nominal value directly controls the amount of items the server is aiming to deliver at initial startup
<min>25</min>  ~  minimal amount of items/npc/vehicles etc
<max>100</max>  ~  maximum amount of items/npc/vehicles etc
<lifetime>180</lifetime>  ~  time before despawn
<restock>0</restock>  ~  when value is hit restock to nominal
<saferadius>100</saferadius>  ~  radius of agro
<flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>  ~  these flags indicate properies of the item/npc  is a zombie deletable? no  cause its alive, random im not sure, remove_damage is removing half killed zombies upon lifespawn, sec spawner is for how long it takes before it spawns
<position>player</position>  ~ spawn a zombie/item/vehicle on player
<limit>custom</limit>  ~  not sure
<active>1</active>  ~  is this a active item/npc/vehicle, server event can trigger this

44 minutes ago, iroker said:

yes, but in this way youre spawning static zombies, which is not very good for the servers performance. i had used that on my offline mode and i got 5 FPS because of the zombies.

Now i will try this method with the server and see how this impacts the performance.

i dont agree with you on server preformance, ive put the value even to 500000 and the server was still running fine, if you login as admin using #login <password>

and then turn on #monitor 1  you will be able to see server preformance,  with 500k it was still running a solid 2.5gb and 1500fps so preformance impact is minimal

3 hours ago, hypoflex said:

i dont agree with you on server preformance, ive put the value even to 500000 and the server was still running fine, if you login as admin using #login <password>

and then turn on #monitor 1  you will be able to see server preformance,  with 500k it was still running a solid 2.5gb and 1500fps so preformance impact is minimal

this is not how it works. We have spawn coordinates for the zombies all around the map. This information is stored in a file called "zombie_territories.xml" stored in the worlds_chernarusplus_ai.pbo (DayZServer\addons\worlds_chernarusplus_ai\DZ\worlds\chernarusplus\ai) the file looks like this:

<territory color="1124502272">
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="3" smax="5" dmin="3" dmax="5" x="7992.86" z="14634.2" r="90" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="7827.86" z="14750.3" r="100" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="5" dmax="10" x="1652.01" z="14247.3" r="160" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="685.333" z="13578.7" r="75" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="4214.18" z="11041.8" r="100" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="4543.19" z="10744.1" r="90" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="4781.85" z="10222" r="100" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="4644.29" z="9648.57" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="4519.75" z="8303.5" r="100" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="7" dmax="14" x="1158.25" z="7236.92" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="3" smax="7" dmin="2" dmax="8" x="2184.23" z="3371.54" r="90" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="4771.5" z="2573.33" r="100" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="4" smax="8" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="2547.75" z="5084.62" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="2703" z="6757.38" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="8" smax="12" dmin="4" dmax="8" x="1526" z="13624" r="140" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="2" dmax="8" x="6333" z="7806" r="60" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="3705" z="5982" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="4014" z="11658" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="770" z="1876" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="338" z="9368" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="1696" z="13966" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="1414" z="13840" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="1442" z="14448" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="13622" z="13756" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="5794" z="3072" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="2084" z="3518" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="1932" z="3422" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="10440" z="5980.91" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="10450" z="9150" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="7105.71" z="12715.7" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="9555" z="11808.8" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="10224" z="4029" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="3357.5" z="15185" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="3385" z="11217.5" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="4792.5" z="10747.5" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="5350" z="8862.5" r="80" d="2"/>
        <zone name="InfectedArmy" smin="0" smax="0" dmin="3" dmax="7" x="3090" z="9990" r="80" d="2"/>
    </territory>

As you see there are 4 variables per zone: smin.smax,dmin and dmax, now my interpretation of this is smin and smax are for static spawns, dmin and dmax are for dynamic spawns.

so now your 500000 value has no effect in how many static zombies will spawn if you don't have a smin value that's greater 0.

After setting the value of 10000 and 5000 initial spawn in the events.xml file and wandering for about one hour in NWA i have encountered 12 zombies.

Edited by iroker

also I dont care about preformance my server can handle it with 24cores 2,4ghz an 144gb ecc ram

I might open my server up tonight for everybody.
I'll post ip here then

Edited by kaspar rave

1 minute ago, kaspar rave said:

also I dont care about preformance my server can handle it with 24cores 2,4ghz an 144gb ecc ram

I might open my server up tonight for everybody.
I'll post ip here then

why is this discussion turned to server performance, i did not started this thread because of performance issues.I only wrote that some months ago without the server files i have tried to increase the zombies amount in offline mode and got stuck, but this has nothing to do with the server application. 

My problem is that the dynamic trigger for zombies works only once, after that you must relog to get another dynamic spawn in the next city. I don't care about the static spawns because once depleted they will respawn only after server restart.

So for me is essential to learn how the trigger for dynamic spawns works. if someone can contribute to this please post something relevant.

Again I'm sure someone will tell you how to work around it and fix it but until then can people uphold the main Question on this Post. Then making it into a Discussion I must agree with  @iroker

Edited by WilsonKC

I messed around with the loot economy xml files and perhaps found some kind of a fix.

In events.xml I noticed that the ambient animal "children" all had both max and min values, whereas the infected all had max=0. By changing the max to a value equal to or higher than the min, I've been able to have infected in more than one town.

As an example for InfectedVillage:

<child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="6" type="ZmbF_JoggerSkinny_Blue"/>

was changed into:

<child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="10" min="6" type="ZmbF_JoggerSkinny_Blue"/>

I haven't done a lot of testing, but so far managed to spawn into Gorka, then run to Polana and Orlovets and see infected in both villages. On a second attempt, I spawned in Solnichniy, ran north to Nizhnoye and also found infected there.

Perhaps it's more akin to treating the symptoms than actually fixing the issue, but it at least makes the server more fun!

My current events.xml is here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/zywrb7swa1ezh6l/events.xml?dl=0. I'm sure the values can be optimized with further testing.

Edited by ColKernel
Added link to my events.xml
  • Like 1
  • Beans 2

have we figured out yet on getting more zombies in its kinda low on my server also

Hey @mrwolv. If you also only encounter infected around your spawn point, then have a look at my post just above and perhaps try out my events.xml.

2 minutes ago, ColKernel said:

Hey @mrwolv. If you also only encounter infected around your spawn point, then have a look at my post just above and perhaps try out my events.xml.

i have tryed that but still no luck

@ColKernel Your post on the max values and changing them to > 0 worked for me, thank you. I now have x3 zombies and the server seems to be ok. Only me on it though.

The issue is solved, with the newest update. I have now enough zombies in every city or zombie spawn zone.