TheVampireBat

ADVICE AND GUIDANCE - POST TIPS HERE!

Thread for posting some helpful advice and guidance for people just getting started with the DayZ servers! Very exciting times ahead. (REPLY WITH WHAT YOU KNOW TO HELP OTHERS!)

How do you edit spawn points? 

How do you increase loot? 

How do you increase the amount of infected?

How do you let players start with a few items? 

You get the idea. Any questions you have, post here and hopefully people will share what they have learned! 

it is all in the xml files. just read it piece by piece. took me 6 hours to understand all. haveing a little fun server in a town with fullgeared respawns now :D

19 minutes ago, Lollys90 said:

it is all in the xml files. just read it piece by piece. took me 6 hours to understand all. haveing a little fun server in a town with fullgeared respawns now :D

could you point me to where i need to edit the player load out on spawn thanks or give me a pm with a setup

2 minutes ago, Lollys90 said:

the mpmissions folder playerrespawnpoints

im in there im editing spawns :D but there is nothing in there to change the player loadout on spawn

1 hour ago, TheVampireBat said:

Thread for posting some helpful advice and guidance for people just getting started with the DayZ servers! Very exciting times ahead. (REPLY WITH WHAT YOU KNOW TO HELP OTHERS!)

How do you edit spawn points? 

How do you increase loot? 

How do you increase the amount of infected?

How do you let players start with a few items? 

You get the idea. Any questions you have, post here and hopefully people will share what they have learned! 

Everything is inside the mpmission folder.

Spawn point settings are in "\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\cfgplayerspawnpoints.xml".

Loot Stuff is "\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\cfgrandompresets.xml , \dayzOffline.chernarusplus\cfgspawnabletypes.xml and \dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\types.xml"

The zombie spawn is in "\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\globals.xml.

The last one i dont found yet but i keep looking.

I found a new important thing in "\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\events.xml" you can change the spawnrate of every single item , zombie and vehicles.

Edited by D3vilgoat
forgot one
  • Like 3

also in the extended file variable you can enable the stats monitor ingame so you can write down any new locations...
I made a few random spawns just for fun

i would wait until we gat some edit tools for this, because i suspect much of the stuff is in the areaflags.map file.

nevertheless some code from events.xml, which is loaded on the server start (see output)

<event name="InfectedArmy">
        <waves>0</waves>
        <nominal>50</nominal>
        <min>25</min>
        <max>250</max>
        <lifetime>180</lifetime>
        <restock>0</restock>
        <saferadius>100</saferadius>
        <distanceradius>50</distanceradius>
        <cleanupradius>100</cleanupradius>
        <flags deletable="0" init_random="0" remove_damaged="1" sec_spawner="0"/>
        <position>player</position>   <--------------------------  i assume this is the trigger for spawning the event, on the animal event this line is:<position>fixed</position> 
        <limit>custom</limit> <--------------------------  somewhere is this information stored
        <active>1</active>
        <children>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="40" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Autumn"/> <------ who knows what is lootmax,lootmin, max, min or what is affected
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="10" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Flat"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="20" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_PautRev"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="10" type="ZmbM_PatrolNormal_Summer"/>
            <child lootmax="5" lootmin="0" max="0" min="20" type="ZmbM_SoldierNormal"/>
        </children>
    </event>
from cfgrandompresets.xml		

<cargo chance="0.35" name="foodVillage"> <---------------- this is 35% chance to get the lootpile
				<item name="SodaCan_Cola" chance="0.11" />  <---------------- this is 11% chance to get the particular item
				<item name="SodaCan_Pipsi" chance="0.11" />
				<item name="SodaCan_Spite" chance="0.11" />
				<item name="TunaCan" chance="0.11" />
				<item name="SardinesCan" chance="0.11" />
				<item name="PeachesCan" chance="0.11" />
				<item name="SpaghettiCan" chance="0.11" />
				<item name="BakedBeansCan" chance="0.11" />
		</cargo>

Edited by iroker

1 hour ago, D3vilgoat said:

Everything is inside the mpmission folder.

Spawn point settings are in "\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\cfgplayerspawnpoints.xml".

Loot Stuff is "\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\cfgrandompresets.xml , \dayzOffline.chernarusplus\cfgspawnabletypes.xml and \dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\types.xml"

The zombie spawn is in "\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\globals.xml.

The last one i dont found yet but i keep looking.

I found a new important thing in "\dayzOffline.chernarusplus\db\events.xml" you can change the spawnrate of every single item , zombie and vehicles.

so if i wanted to set all newspawns to have diffrent gear where would i change this please

Players can connect to your server via direct IP but you can't see it in the community tab? Open port 27016 if you want it to show up on community server browser

A few posts I've seen on Reddit today, you might find some of them useful.

The DayZ Server Owner How-to and FAQ Credit: /u/TheKappatalist420

Answers a lot of commonly asked questions, example server launcher batch file, goes through all the basics, common errors and what all the files etc are, worth a read.

BEC for DAYZ

Installing and setting up a DayZ Standalone server on Windows server Credit: /u/corbpie

DayZ API script reference / Unofficial API Documentation Credit: /u/erikbc and /u/Doxygen

Here is a simple DayZ API script reference, far from perfect, but it's a lot better than nothing. There are a few comments here and there from the sources.

Online Version (no download required) Credit: /u/mov3ax

Item List Categorized Sheet Credit: /u/ThisAccountIs4Reddit

Some people were asking for item lists to flesh out their custom server, ThisAccountIs4Reddit created this spreadsheet and categorized the items to make things easier. Names are case-sensitive strings when using them in the .c scripts.

ODZTools / Logger Credit: /u/Pwnzor

Attempting to work with the current log system is very limited and makes it difficult to track errors and gather data. /u/Pwnzor created this tool that allows messages to be logged to separate file that is dated and stored within your server's profile.

0.27 Spawn Points 

Custom Spawn Points Guide

September 2014 Spawn Points

Pro tip: If you start your server with enableDebugMonitor = 1; in the config then you will get a debug monitor up at the top right of your player screen when you log in, complete with your current map position. Then you can run around the map and write down coords for places you want there to be spawns and then add them to the spawns list.

How to add barrels, nettings, and tents spawns to your server Credit: /u/mov3ax

How to disable stamina Credit: /u/dayz_survivor3

init script that adds random PvP classes Credit: /u/teaearlgraycold

The classes included here are: Assault: M4 with an ACOG, Sniper: SVD with PSO, SMG: UMP with suppressor. Each class gets TTSKO pants/jacket, improv backpack, boots, and an axe (along with a can of soda, spaghetti, and some rags). There's a 1/3 chance of spawning with any given class. This script would best be combined with custom spawns to keep everyone in the same town.

How to disable thirst/hunger Credit: /u/GrosTon1

Edited by smasht
  • Like 2

in the init.c file you will find this:

class CustomMission: MissionServer
{	
	void SetRandomHealth(EntityAI itemEnt)
	{
		int rndHlt = Math.RandomInt(40,100);
		itemEnt.SetHealth("","",rndHlt);
	}

override PlayerBase CreateCharacter(PlayerIdentity identity, vector pos, ParamsReadContext ctx, string characterName)
	{
		Entity playerEnt;
		playerEnt = GetGame().CreatePlayer(identity, characterName, pos, 0, "NONE");//Creates random player
		Class.CastTo(m_player, playerEnt);

GetGame().SelectPlayer(identity, m_player);

return m_player;
	}

override void StartingEquipSetup(PlayerBase player, bool clothesChosen)     //HERE STARTS
	{
		EntityAI itemEnt;
		ItemBase itemBs;

itemEnt = player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("Rag");  <-------------
		itemBs = ItemBase.Cast(itemEnt);
		itemBs.SetQuantity(4);
		SetRandomHealth(itemEnt);

itemEnt = player.GetInventory().CreateInInventory("RoadFlare"); <-----------
		itemBs = ItemBase.Cast(itemEnt);
	}
};

So I followed the steps to remove stamina, but my server still has stamina.  Am I missing something?

I unpacked the files into the server root folder and edited all of the stamina drain values to 0.

EDIT: Never mind, I figured it out, didn't have it in a scripts folder, silly me!

Edited by plunge

So I noticed from the logs when the server loads, it has a number higher than 0 for the vehicles.bin part of the database. I have gone through and think I have enabled vehicles to a high spawn rate, but haven't seen a single vehicle yet. Is there anything else that may be considered under the vehicle category?

@JohnnyBravo2014 this is a copy out of the linked - verry usefull - reddit thread.

But before that, I wanted to say thank you for this topic and the answers. Helped me a lot! Thank you!

Spawn fully geared Sedan (minus doors) at player position (new vehicle physics are EXTREMELY buggy and will either not work at all or just crash your game. Exercise caution. You can use this CreateObject function to create other entities as well.

EntityAI oCar = EntityAI.Cast(GetGame().CreateObject("CivilianSedan", player.GetPosition(), false, true));

oCar.GetInventory().CreateAttachment("CivSedanWheel");

oCar.GetInventory().CreateAttachment("CivSedanDoors_Driver");

oCar.GetInventory().CreateAttachment("CivSedanTrunk");

oCar.GetInventory().CreateAttachment("CivSedanHood");

oCar.GetInventory().CreateAttachment("SparkPlug");

oCar.GetInventory().CreateAttachment("EngineBelt");

oCar.GetInventory().CreateAttachment("CarRadiator");

oCar.GetInventory().CreateAttachment("CarBattery");

In this instance my car entity is named oCar. This is how I am calling the inventory of the car and creating an "Attachment" inside the vehicle before it even spawns. player.GetPosition() will return your local xyz coordinates.

Car godmode:

oCar.SetAllowDamage(false);

BTW: The car seems verry buggy! Please read the whole Thread for more infos: reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9hamlp/the_dayz_server_owner_howto_and_faq/

Edited by bultzen
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, bultzen said:

@JohnnyBravo2014 this is a copy out of the linked - verry usefull - reddit thread.

But before that, I wanted to say thank you for this topic and the answers. Helped me a lot! Thank you!

BTW: The car seems verry buggy! Please read the whole Thread for more infos: reddit.com/r/dayz/comments/9hamlp/the_dayz_server_owner_howto_and_faq/

Thank you very much for this. And wow are they ever buggy. I'm not sure if I truly want to add them yet now lol.

anyone know how to get rcon to work i have forwared ports in router firewall i have the files in my be folder but yet it still says check passwork  and beserver.cfg it just wont connect

1 minute ago, mrwolv said:

anyone know how to get rcon to work i have forwared ports in router firewall i have the files in my be folder but yet it still says check passwork  and beserver.cfg it just wont connect

Make sure you have the "show file extensions" option enabled in Windows folder options.

Just now, plunge said:

Make sure you have the "show file extensions" option enabled in Windows folder options.

i do ive checked everything so many time and still no luck

2 minutes ago, mrwolv said:

i do ive checked everything so many time and still no luck

make sure you have -BEPath=<Your directory here> listed on your server start file and it pointed correctly to where your battleye folder is at. 

1 minute ago, JohnnyBravo2014 said:

make sure you have -BEPath=<Your directory here> listed on your server start file and it pointed correctly to where your battleye folder is at. 

@echo off
    cls

set version=1.0
    set wat=Dayz SA

title %wat% Watchdog

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer

:watchdog
    echo (%time%) %wat% started.
    start "Dayz_SA" /wait /affinity FF /high "DayZServer_x64.exe" -config=serverDZ.cfg -port=2302 -dologs -BEPath= C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer\Battleye 
    echo (%time%) %wat% closed or crashed, restarting.
    goto watchdog  

Edited by mrwolv

2 hours ago, mrwolv said:

@echo off
    cls

set version=1.0
    set wat=Dayz SA

title %wat% Watchdog

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer

:watchdog
    echo (%time%) %wat% started.
    start "Dayz_SA" /wait /affinity FF /high "DayZServer_x64.exe" -config=serverDZ.cfg -port=2302 -dologs -BEPath= C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DayZServer\Battleye 
    echo (%time%) %wat% closed or crashed, restarting.
    goto watchdog  

Without having quotations around the directory and having those spaces in there, I think that could possibly be your issue there.

3 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo2014 said:

Without having quotations around the directory and having those spaces in there, I think that could possibly be your issue there.

if i take the spaces and " out it just throws a error up http://prntscr.com/kwv400

Just now, mrwolv said:

if i take the spaces and " out it just throws a error up http://prntscr.com/kwv400

You will need to have the directory still match the path.

Like I would create a new area for your server like C:\DayZServer

Then you'll have your battleye folder in there like normal so your battleye path would look like:

-BEPath=C:\DayZServer\Battleye

This would have no spaces and it shouldn't give you anymore errors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JohnnyBravo2014 said:

You will need to have the directory still match the path.

Like I would create a new area for your server like C:\DayZServer

Then you'll have your battleye folder in there like normal so your battleye path would look like:

-BEPath=C:\DayZServer\Battleye

This would have no spaces and it shouldn't give you anymore errors.

ok give me 5 mins i will see if that has any diffrence been at this all day and it still refuses to connect but players can load in the server andit runs very well its just connecting dart in there

all im going to say is f**K me thank you :D that actuall fixed it i dont know why i didnt try this before the weight has been lifted

Edited by mrwolv
  • Like 1