Sign in to follow this  
Maytrix001

Was there a character wipe recently?

I haven't played in about a week, but got on last night and my character was new.  Last I played I had a lot of stuff.  Was there a wipe?

Patch notes are located here:

Which detail a character wipe. Which is what half the community is enraged about and half the community who instead of raging. Went into the game and in 2 hours are back to where they were pre wipe.

It's a natural process and needed. 

There were multiple fixes and the best way to ensure they worked is to wipe everyone's characters so there is no stale character data blocking out the bugs. Its DevOps/QA for Software Development 101.

If people have issues, apply the fix, wipe all data, reload with new data, and check to see if issue is there.

I'm not sure what people dont understand about that. 

"As the nature of the Experimental branch is for the above mentioned testing methods, neither uptime, character data, nor stability is guaranteed. Persistence/Character wipes are to be expected!"

It's massively frustrating that most of the new players will happily throw their money at DayZ but cannot be bothered to read a little on how the game is being made and needs to be tested.

• Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

On Xbox, there is no experimental branch though.  I wasn't upset by it and understand it will happen from time to time, but I think it should be minimized as much as possible.  This isn't a free beta test, but a paid (and not cheaply at that) preview.  Having played other previews, I this this game really still belongs at the beta level and unpaid, but it is what it is.  It is just far from being where other previews I've played were at.

2 hours ago, Maytrix001 said:

On Xbox, there is no experimental branch though.  I wasn't upset by it and understand it will happen from time to time, but I think it should be minimized as much as possible.  This isn't a free beta test, but a paid (and not cheaply at that) preview.  Having played other previews, I this this game really still belongs at the beta level and unpaid, but it is what it is.  It is just far from being where other previews I've played were at.

I'm not entirely sure that is true regarding experimental branch on xbox.

Stable branch is v0.63.0

We are on v0.63.148 which I believe reading somewhere is an experimental branch patch. Not sure what version numbers pc stable and pc experimental are on...

The difference between PC and xbox, is we cant opt-in or opt-out of the branch.

Either way, considering where the game is if it were experimental it would be stable-experimental. If that makes sense.

So the pc experimental rules to can still be applied. Resets, either server based or character based can occur.

Edited by Bombarding

Fair enough - I guess my point was that there is no way to choose what branch one is on within Xbox.

21 hours ago, Maytrix001 said:

I this this game really still belongs at the beta level and unpaid,

This game is actually technically in Alpha.

And some of us paid 4 years and 9 months ago to play many many borked PC versions to even get to this point.

If you cannot be bothered to learn about the game before you purchased it, the blame falls on you.

You could have read in many places that this is the state of development and that this is how Alpha is done for DayZ.

Whether you think it's "too often" or not, does not enter into it at all.

The devs will wipe so that they may get pristine data sets based on a new version, not to irk the player base.

18 hours ago, Bombarding said:

Stable branch is v0.63.0

Stable is .62 and still on the old renderer.

XBOX is running a very similar version to what is the Experimental PC version, and only PC gets the Stress test builds.

Sign in to follow this