bonafide

RIP DayZ - Yogcast started a LP

Servers need to be age restricted. :-)

.. You are so miss informed.

YogsCast doesn't do CoD LP's.

In addition' date=' they are one of the reasons why Minecraft got huge. I wouldn't hate on them this might be a good thing. More noobs to kill. Im not a fanboy or anything because I dont watch their videos but I want to literally go out of my way to tell you your an idiot.

Roganboards made me a ruthless motherfucker.

[/quote']

Sorry there slugger, didn't mean to upset you.

I don't think my statement, which is opinion, is misinformed. I mean, how can it be, it's an opinion?

I'm simply stating that I'd rather not play with a bunch of kids, as it total ruins the experience for most games (especially games like this). If this video doesn't bring that crowd in, as some folks here have implied it might, then great.

Also, I'm assuming you're referring to the Joe Rogan boards? Are you going to run around calling everyone a c*nt now? Oh you badass you. ;-)

P.S. It's "you're an idiot, not "your an idiot".

A minority of every Youtube star that has covered this game viewer base are kids.

Unless they live under a internet rock which isn't possible for the younger ones. They probably heard of this game weeks ago.

My point is that servers don't need age restrictions because well they already are here and this is probably the best the community is going to get.

To those complaining about their admin help. Do you really think their subscribers would enjoy them being killed by the currently glitchly zombies that can break a bone faster than a ten story fall? No.

They would have died 50 times in that time period if they started from scratch. That doesn't make for good content.

It isn't like they played ARMA 2 before and they have said many times they suck at FPS games.

Get over it.

You're right in the essence that their viewers however it's annoying that this is how they provide their entertainment. With the extraordinary amount of money they earn you should expect them to put effort into it buy instead they create false representative videos. Everyone else works for it and they don't. Really disappointing.

See' date=' you don't understand Simon and Lewis because you don't watch them. There point isn't to be journalist and they don't give give professional reviews and LP's. Someone linked to a thread on the Yogscast site that explained this very well.

[/quote']

Actually I used to watch them up until a few SoI episodes ago so I do know what they're like. That's the very reason I stopped watching them. I was stating that it was disappointing they are popular for being so unprofessional.

In addition' date=' they are one of the reasons why Minecraft got huge. I wouldn't hate on them this might be a good thing. More noobs to kill. Im not a fanboy or anything because I dont watch their videos but I want to literally go out of my way to tell you your an idiot.

[/quote']

I don't think my statement, which is opinion, is misinformed. I mean, how can it be, it's an opinion?

I'm simply stating that I'd rather not play with a bunch of kids, as it total ruins the experience for most games (especially games like this). If this video doesn't bring that crowd in, as some folks here have implied it might, then great.

Also, I'm assuming you're referring to the Joe Rogan boards? Are you going to run around calling everyone a c*nt now? Oh you badass you. ;-)

A minority of every Youtube star that has covered this game viewer base are kids.

Unless they live under a internet rock which isn't possible for the younger ones. They probably heard of this game weeks ago.

My point is that servers don't need age restrictions because well they already are here and this is probably the best the community is going to get.

*Edit - responded to wrong post

A minority you say? Do you have any actual demographic data on this, or are you just making stuff up?

I don't care if kids play the game, I think that's great. Just keep them out of my game, on their own servers.

To those complaining about their admin help. Do you really think their subscribers would enjoy them being killed by the currently glitchly zombies that can break a bone faster than a ten story fall? No.

They would have died 50 times in that time period if they started from scratch. That doesn't make for good content.

It isn't like they played ARMA 2 before and they have said many times they suck at FPS games.

Get over it.

You're right in the essence that their viewers however it's annoying that this is how they provide their entertainment. With the extraordinary amount of money they earn you should expect them to put effort into it buy instead they create false representative videos. Everyone else works for it and they don't. Really disappointing.

See' date=' you don't understand Simon and Lewis because you don't watch them. There point isn't to be journalist and they don't give give professional reviews and LP's. Someone linked to a thread on the Yogscast site that explained this very well.

[/quote']

Actually I used to watch them up until a few SoI episodes ago so I do know what they're like. That's the very reason I stopped watching them. I was stating that it was disappointing they are popular for being so unprofessional.

It's the same thing with so called "casual" and "hardcore" games. Sometimes people just like to sit down and have fun. Some like the whole process of learning the game and being forced to discover new tactics. People watch the because they are funny and they have a different playstyle than all the other thousands of people like them on Youtube.

Quote from the clip

"The only reason i know about arma 2 is because of the steam sales because of this stupid mod"

Leave us be.

[/quote']

LOL

I can't argue with that sound logic. Take it easy, gunsmoke.

Thanks!

The more than whine' date=' the more it looks like it's what the general player base wants (and may even turn to be the general player base) thus in turn, the game has a chance (depending on how much Rocket can take of the whiny dribbling from the kids) [/quote']

I have no fear that Rocket would give into whining from the player base.

Have some faith - everyone is screaming about the vast swathes of barbed wire and his response is to add .... bear traps.

The man knows what he's doing.

[/quote']

You are the essence of a idiot. as the game grows more and more viral "kids" will play this game regardless of yogcast. your not going to stop that unless you dont want the game to grow at all. there was a point in time where CoD and Halo wasnt ruled by the 13-15 kiddies btw. as it grew in popularity however kids started running over to it just like with ANY popular game.

At this point you seem to just be rambling on about nonsense. Take it easy, gunsmoke.

P.S. Once again, it's "you're not" and not "your not".

I don't see why this is a bad thing. More players -> More money for development -> other companies start making similar games -> more fun?

[/quote']

LOL

I can't argue with that sound logic. Take it easy, gunsmoke.

Thanks!

I responded to your quote, when I meant that for the other guy that was having a fit. Here's my response to you:

*Edit - responded to wrong post

A minority you say? Do you have any actual demographic data on this, or are you just making stuff up?

I don't care if kids play the game, I think that's great. Just keep them out of my game, on their own servers.

[/quote']

You are the essence of a idiot. as the game grows more and more viral "kids" will play this game regardless of yogcast. your not going to stop that unless you dont want the game to grow at all. there was a point in time where CoD and Halo wasnt ruled by the 13-15 kiddies btw. as it grew in popularity however kids started running over to it just like with ANY popular game.

At this point you seem to just be rambling on about nonsense. Take it easy, gunsmoke.

at this point you seem to just be rambling about kids joining a video game. Take it easy, gunsmoke.

P.S. "You're" an idiot.

You aren't some kind of special snowflake for playing DayZ before any influx of new players. Frankly, anybody who actually cares for the vitality and longevity of this mod should be giddy at the thought of new players, and the DayZ community at large should be embarrassed at the amount of elitism on these forums.

Some of you really need to learn how to quote posts properly.

Frankly, age-gating players may help a little but there are a lot more older players (even so called Arma 2 veterans) who act like 15 year olds on the forum/game that it wouldn't matter in the long run.

Should probably have made the second Paragraph giant :D

The footage is terrible, they need to be reported at the least for the private server use and cheating. They also need to start playing this game properly if its going to be in anyway a realistic LP of this mod, it could be good and helpful to this game. At the moment however its terrible because they have no idea how to play and they aren't playing like anyone else could play in the game.

At the moment however its terrible because they have no idea how to play and they aren't playing like anyone else could play in the game.

You just described every video yogscast has put out about any game ever.

Frankly' date=' age-gating players may help a little but there are a lot more older players (even so called Arma 2 veterans) who act like 15 year olds on the forum/game that it wouldn't matter in the long run.

[/quote']

Ok, now this is a logical response. You may be right, but I'd ake the improvement (even if small).

Sorry there slugger' date=' didn't mean to upset you.

[/quote']

at this point you seem to just be rambling about kids joining a video game. Take it easy, gunsmoke.

P.S. "You're" an idiot.

I can see you're too emotional right now to think logically, puberty does that. Let me know when you are ready to have a grown up discussion.

there was never a discussion/argument to begin with. you are litteraly complaining about something completly out of your hands. its just pure stupidity.

you dont want "kids" to play on "your" servers, but you cant prevent that. the only thing you CAN do is bitch about it, which is what you are doing.

not only that but your generalization is horrid. there can be pretty mature 13-16 year olds just like adults can act like 7 year olds. you are going to deny and block out the decent young dudes in favor of a more "mature" audience that do not act there age?

actually better yet, watch a player called "Destiny" stream day z. he will show you alot better than what i can tell you. he is the perfect example of a child in a adults body (even tho he is smart/mature when he is serious about a subject). he is also the perfect example of the KoS and backstabbing mentality this game already has. he does some epic backstabbing on his stream. its not just the "kids" that will do this.

@MrGrunties

You just described every video yogscast has put out about any game ever.

Read what I wrote again, they are playing Dayz with cheats no-one else can use (except script-kiddies or server mods). They usually play the games with possible cheats not stuff thats usually impossible to achieve.

I am taking my AS50 and will go camp the coast. I will shoot every goddam new spawn I see. I'll spawn kill them and make their first experience with Dayz complete shit and hopefully they will leave the game.