bonafide

RIP DayZ - Yogcast started a LP

This is a great event. Even if you do not enjoy the videos they put out.

You are so silly to be hating on a youtube channel with million+ subscribers and bringing more eyes / attention to this mod!

It will bring more attention / eyes to this mod' date=' it will help out Rocket, the community will get bigger. That is the whole point, the bigger the community = the greater demand for this type of game.

It brings more motivation to the developers to refine it more often / work on it more.

The more eyes this mod grabs, the more Bohimia Interactive will understand that what they have here is a gem that is waiting to shine.

Don't be self-centered pricks, you should want what's best for the mod / game.

[/quote']

So you want loads of Yogscast Carebear Fans playing day z ok good luck with that.

You are so silly to be hating on a youtube channel with million+ subscribers and bringing more eyes / attention to this mod!

It will bring more attention / eyes to this mod' date=' it will help out Rocket, the community will get bigger. That is the whole point, the bigger the community = the greater demand for this type of game.

It brings more motivation to the developers to refine it more often / work on it more.

The more eyes this mod grabs, the more Bohimia Interactive will understand that what they have here is a gem that is waiting to shine.

Are you so blind that you do not realize that every time a popular youtube channel streams this mod, it is almost as it is a free promotion.

[/quote']

they arent saying that so before calling other people pricks why dont you make sure your not making yourself look like a prick.

yes extra promotion is nice but not the kind that will come in and flood this forum even more with useless threads and in doing ruining what was left of a community and turning this into more of lets just kill everybody game.

being the most popular thing does not mean its good everybody already knows the following that yogcast has is quite bad with how they treat other people's opinions etc

also the bad thing i find with that video is they might aswell have not even bothered they didnt play dayz they might aswell hacked since they was on a private server and having a admin spawn them stuff and teleport them to each other etc so to me what was the point if they arent even going to trully showcase what Dayz is about.

[/quote']

So you want loads of Yogscast Carebear Fans playing day z ok good luck with that.

Yeah, more people shoot on sight and steal their stuff, I don't see the problem with that.

"So you want loads of Yogscast Carebear Fans playing day z ok good luck with that."

You should re-read the stickies , this is just the kind of comment that Rocket does NOT want in his forums or game.

Are you so blind that you do not realize that every time a popular youtube channel streams this mod, it is almost as it is a free promotion.

[/quote']

they arent saying that so before calling other people pricks why dont you make sure your not making yourself look like a prick.

yes extra promotion is nice but not the kind that will come in and flood this forum even more with useless threads and in doing ruining what was left of a community and turning this into more of lets just kill everybody game.

being the most popular thing does not mean its good everybody already knows the following that yogcast has is quite bad with how they treat other people's opinions etc

also the bad thing i find with that video is they might aswell have not even bothered they didnt play dayz they might aswell hacked since they was on a private server and having a admin spawn them stuff and teleport them to each other etc so to me what was the point if they arent even going to trully showcase what Dayz is about.

This is already a "lets kill everybody game" where have you been.

Yes their video is utter crap.

The extra promotion brings more $ to the this development team + increases the value of this mod, making Bohimia Interactive to supply them with more resources to make it by all means successful.

Therefor, I thumbs up their video because they promoted this mod. Even though their video sucked.

Afterall, they have more subscribers than this game has players, so yes, it is a very biiiig promotion.

Thier silly commentary made me buy Dead Island, which I wouldn't have bought otherwise. They really show how any game becomes much more enjoyable, when played with other friends on voice.

Q: What would be most profitable to raid in the event of a zombie apocalypse?

A: A bank!

:D

[/quote']

The extra promotion brings more $ to the this development team + increases the value of this mod, making Bohimia Interactive to supply them with more resources to make it by all means successful.

Therefor, I thumbs up their video because they promoted this mod. Even though their video sucked.

more money to the mod are you sure about that rocket has already stated he has made nothing from this mod and continues to make nothing.

even before yogcast video it was clear something was in the works for the future of dayz watch TotalBiscuits video with Rocket you can tell there is talks about a standalone game built on the same engine as arma 3.

but yes the promotion is good but sometimes certain promotion can be bad and to me the promotion that yogcast gave it was uneeded and more of a cash grab by them then any sort of promotion which is not unheard of yogcast recently.

[/quote']

You don't thumbs up a video on YouTube for their promotion, you thumbs up videos on YouTube for their good quality. That video had no good quality whatsoever. It was cheating left and right.

I don't mind them advertising it for what the mod is, but the way they presented the mod was completely false, they say they just started yet they get a 1 shot pistol plus a lot of other useful items? It makes people think they get a 1 shot pistol and a load of other stuff when they spawn. It's false information.

The DayZ daytime servers are already overcrowding, now we got another hundred thousand more players coming our way? All the servers will end up crashing or being full if so. The servers will need a boost.

This is actually good. Of course we should all want more people playing the mod. Rocket has said that the game we enjoy is nothing that will go away no matter how many people cry about unbalanced PvP, psychological analysis of motives in social interaction aka "wah KoS wah wah" or whatever the fuck the hordes of Yogcast subscribers will bring with them. In the end, more players, more fun. Those who don't like it will indeed whine on the forums, but luckily we have devs who don't give a fuck. Hopefully. :)

Unless someone, due to the massive interest, makes him an offer he can't refuse. :D

If only 1% of their subscribers try DayZ that's 190' date='000 players....

[/quote']

That is alot of players, 190,000 players that otherwise wouldn't be here.

You do not understand the value of promotion if you say "only 1%".

Companies / Developers pay lots of money to get such attention.

Of course you won't expect ALL of their subscribers to join. That would be insane. DayZ is a great game, but not everybody enjoys the slow pace of it.

i love the comments: "stupid mod?" :D they don't get the sense of the survival in that video, so you don't have to worry, cause they wont come so fast...

but i share your thoughts: if the number of players will increase dramastically, we will have more lags on the hive...

So maybe some region hives syncing the data only when a user logs out? but the vid was awful... couldn't make it through the first 3 minutes.

Lol also its 19k i edited my post a nano second after I posted saw I had added a nought. New someone would bloody copy and paste it.

1% , 19k.

And I mean ONLY because I know its major attention and conceivably could get alot more than 19k coming our way. Can DayZ handle it right now though ? I dont know.

You don't thumbs up a video on YouTube for their promotion, you thumbs up videos on YouTube for their good quality. That video had no good quality whatsoever. It was cheating left and right.

I don't mind them advertising it for what the mod is, but the way they presented the mod was completely false, they say they just started yet they get a 1 shot pistol plus a lot of other useful items? It makes people think they get a 1 shot pistol and a load of other stuff when they spawn. It's false information.

The DayZ daytime servers are already overcrowding, now we got another hundred thousand more players coming our way? All the servers will end up crashing or being full if so. The servers will need a boost.

Well, you have a point there.

Thumbs up their video as a little something in return for promoting this game that I love.

But I do agree, they should not be cheating their way around it, it would give a false impression of what the game is really about.

However the servers crowding is GREAT, that is what you want, that is the sign of success.

Everytime you crash due to high population, say thank you. Because even though right now it must suck, it helps this mod in the long run.

They werent even playing right. They were on a private server. Now there will be an unlimited number of noobs who die before getting guns.

They werent even playing right. They were on a private server. Now there will be an unlimited number of noobs who die before getting guns.

And you could have the fun of looting their corpses

You don't thumbs up a video on YouTube for their promotion' date=' you thumbs up videos on YouTube for their good quality. That video had no good quality whatsoever. It was cheating left and right.

[/quote']

Thumbs up their video as a little something in return for promoting this game that I love.

But I do agree, they should not be cheating their way around it, it would give a false impression of what the game is really about.

However the servers crowding is GREAT, that is what you want, that is the sign of success.

Everytime you crash due to high population, say thank you. Because even though right now it must suck, it helps this mod in the long run.

actually no i wont say thanks since it means i cant play the game i love why would i thank somebody for overloading servers with a pointless video that is more of a cash grab for yogcast then any kind of promotion it might mean.

You don't thumbs up a video on YouTube for their promotion' date=' you thumbs up videos on YouTube for their good quality. That video had no good quality whatsoever. It was cheating left and right.

[/quote']

actually no i wont say thanks since it means i cant play the game i love why would i thank somebody for overloading servers with a pointless video that is more of a cash grab for yogcast then any kind of promotion it might mean.

Then you my friend, are a short sighted person who only cares about self entertainment and self needs above the point of what is best for this mod and it's developers.

Would somebody mind offering up some GOOD reasons as to why the Yogscast covering DayZ will harm the mod and it's community?

Hahaha' date=' read the comments on the video!

"i want dis so bad omg"

[/quote']

Half the posts in this forum are written like that. In capital letters.

To those complaining about their admin help. Do you really think their subscribers would enjoy them being killed by the currently glitchly zombies that can break a bone faster than a ten story fall? No.

They would have died 50 times in that time period if they started from scratch. That doesn't make for good content.

It isn't like they played ARMA 2 before and they have said many times they suck at FPS games.

Get over it.