Shane Ventura

when i play i cant talk in game

i been play since dayz hit xbox one but since last update on my account  i cant us my mic works in party chat but in game the audio wont work bt i can hear people please fix 

Ive easily seen 20 to 30 people even when you try to talk theyll open fire or sneak attack you. I had one group not talk or open fire but there was 3 of them geared up gave them several tries to establish communication but im not going to loot without establishing intent. Could just wait for me to grab an item and headshot me. I stay out of group chats for that reason. Should be able to communicate well enough without it to your team. Make sure your server has people in it and around you to hear though. Have yet to have a problem with mic.

5 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

No one talks anyway.

No people do talk but they are in party chat, and the in game chat is currently broke while in party chat. Its supposed to work though so just gotta wait for them to fix.

• Like 1

Thats ok with me. Im not risking death though so ill give it a go and if you reply or atleast acknowledge my words you may live all others must be purged.

Make sure your mic is set to open by either holding down on the dpad or double tapping it to toggle. A mic icon should be visible near the bottom left of the screen

3 hours ago, Deathbykarma said:

No people do talk but they are in party chat, and the in game chat is currently broke while in party chat. Its supposed to work though so just gotta wait for them to fix.

What? That makes no sense. They do talk but they're in party chat. One, what kind of sweeping statement is that? How do you know whether the people I've come across are talking or not, and two how are they taking if they're in a party?  I mean I know they're talking to the people they're in a party with, but that's my point. Everyone on Xbox is always in a party so this game will never be like it is on PC. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner

1 hour ago, CarlTheGooner said:

What? That makes no sense. They do talk but they're in party chat. One, what kind of sweeping statement is that? How do you know whether the people I've come across are talking or not, and two how are they taking if they're in a party?  I mean I know they're talking to the people they're in a party with, but that's my point. Everyone on Xbox is always in a party so this game will never be like it is on PC. 

You cant say ' what kind of sweeping statement is that?' When....

10 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

No one talks anyway.

The point they are saying is if everyone could swicth from party to game without it glithcing then interaction wouldbecome more apparent. Currently, if an interaction happens but the players or even just 1 of them was in a party then the glitch/issue stops people from switcing chats and communicating.

On PC people use teamspeak etc for party but when close by then can use game chat etc etc so interaction will be in game with more frequent voice comms once the ability to change chats works in the server and doesnt force you to join the server whilst in game chat to speak in game chat.

2 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

You cant say ' what kind of sweeping statement is that?' When....

The point they are saying is if everyone could swicth from party to game without it glithcing then interaction wouldbecome more apparent. Currently, if an interaction happens but the players or even just 1 of them was in a party then the glitch/issue stops people from switcing chats and communicating.

On PC people use teamspeak etc for party but when close by then can use game chat etc etc so interaction will be in game with more frequent voice comms once the ability to change chats works in the server and doesnt force you to join the server whilst in game chat to speak in game chat.

I know all this. My point is because everyone's in s party no one will speak. Glitch or not it's not going to change anything. It's the nature of Xbox live, people would rather be in a party and they're not going to switch to game chat when their friends are playing another game... 

Remember that one call of duty they wouldn't let you play multiplayer if you was in a party? It made you leave before you searched? Something like that should be on this game. Playing this game in a party is completely missing the point. IMO

1 minute ago, CarlTheGooner said:

I know all this. My point is because everyone's in s party no one will speak. Glitch or not it's not going to change anything. It's the nature of Xbox live, people would rather be in a party and they're not going to switch to game chat when their friends are playing another game... 

Remember that one call of duty they wouldn't let you play multiplayer if you was in a party? It made you leave before you searched? Something like that should be on this game. Playing this game in a party is completely missing the point. IMO

No, your still talking from your own perspective, not all xbox players. A hell o a lot of players use game chat and especially in games where team work is needed and its forced upon the player to use it or in ways the player has a disadvantage to not be in game chat.

On COD it was S&D, a more team based game mode which also stops dead players calling out to active players on enemy locations etc. Again, A way to force players to use interaction in game, as like here, the same context. 

Here, people can use party chat all they want but once game chat is essily switchable bewteen that and party chat; players can easily flick between and communicate if they wish. Atm, people are trying that and cant so its a good 50% or more of players probably trying to talk to you and can't. 

Same as ESO, Conan etc, open world mmo's which, in ways, this takes the form of. People will talk in game chat and even use game chat to stalk and kill players.

Ok, I totally see your point on the being able to switch between the two, I get that I really do. But I'm not talking from my perspective. I'm talking from my own experience and my friends experience playing this game and many other games for the last 10 years of playing Xbox live with the party system. I've played all the games you mentioned, aswell as Ark, Warframe, Never winter, many many games that require communication and do you think people talk? People would rather stay on their party. 10 friends all playing different games, they're not gonna risk changing chat so you can potentially kill them, you have to go in to the guide to do that.

Hey I don't want to fall out with you, I respect your comments and agree with you most of the time but this is Xbox mate. I don't see it happening. Again, glitch or no glitch. Most of them videos on YouTube with minder and Running man are on private RP servers where you've got to pass a steam screening before you can even play on the. You have to promise to communicate and not KOS. 

In my humble opinion (which I'm aloud right? As you are too) this game is going to be 90% shoot on sigh.

3 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

No, your still talking from your own perspective, not all xbox players. A hell o a lot of players use game chat and especially in games where team work is needed and its forced upon the player to use it or in ways the player has a disadvantage to not be in game chat.

On COD it was S&D, a more team based game mode which also stops dead players calling out to active players on enemy locations etc. Again, A way to force players to use interaction in game, as like here, the same context. 

Here, people can use party chat all they want but once game chat is essily switchable bewteen that and party chat; players can easily flick between and communicate if they wish. Atm, people are trying that and cant so its a good 50% or more of players probably trying to talk to you and can't. 

Same as ESO, Conan etc, open world mmo's which, in ways, this takes the form of. People will talk in game chat and even use game chat to stalk and kill players.

I've met plenty of solo players who will talk, just gotta remember Dayz is death match ATM purely due to the pack of content available ingame. It's spawn loot, run to northwest airfield gets military gear then PvP, explore or do nothing. Once vehicles and base building and more advanced crafting is available people will be encouraged to talk more for trade. The games easy mode right now, once a sickness, diseases and the need to drink clean, cooked food and water is added people won't be able to gear up as fast 

I try to say hello most of the time I see or hear someone close by but never heard a reply. When the evil me is playing and I see someone that I know I’ve got the drop on i’ll mess with them and use the chat to play the Predators clicking noise from my mobile, must have scared one guy good cuz he ran like a bat out of hell lol

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Ok first calm down tiger and 2nd all be more specific, in dayz on xbox while in a party they have it set up so you can hear and talk to people in game chat by just holding down the down dpad button. But it is currently broke "while" in a party. Once they fix that all those people in party chat will be able to hear you in game chat and talk to you.

36 minutes ago, Deathbykarma said:

Ok first calm down tiger and 2nd all be more specific, in dayz on xbox while in a party they have it set up so you can hear and talk to people in game chat by just holding down the down dpad button. But it is currently broke "while" in a party. Once they fix that all those people in party chat will be able to hear you in game chat and talk to you.

Calm down tiger? Because I said what kind of sweeping statement is it and said you didn't make sense? I wasn't being nasty or funny or dissing you. In anyway does my comment look like I sound agitated or mad? Lol It's an adult conversation. It's the way grown ups talk. 

But even though you tried to belittle me with your tiger comment I accept your explanation, I didn't know you could talk while in a party, I thought you had to go in to the dashboard and party and change in there. So thanx for that bit of info. Bit people still won't talk lol

Edited by CarlTheGooner

This might be a silly question but when someone speaks in game does the sound come through the speakers or headset? Haven’t heard a peep from anyone but I thought I heard some heavy breathing that wasn’t coming from my character is all