Sign in to follow this  
Maytrix001

Gunshot volume?

Is it just me or is the gunshot volume way to loud compared to other sounds?  I know a gun shot should be louder, but I have to turn up my volume so loud just to hear the various sounds around me (my footsteps, door opening..etc) that a gun shot is so loud it is bothersome to anyone around (namely my wife!).  Really would be nice if that wasn't quite as loud as it is - louder then other sounds, sure, but maybe not 50 times as loud!

You may try messing around with the audio settings, but I totally agree. I turn my headset up to hear footsteps then 1 shot from any gun almost makes me deaf.

I'd like to see an audio setting for each item.

Zombie noise

Animal noise

Footsteps

Gunshots

Door sounds

Reloading

Etc. All sounds broken down with their each scrollbar

Edited by Bombarding

I think individual scrolls for each FX is a little too much, but perhaps a couple for Ambient noise vs FX would help.  I always try and play with Headphone on as the speakers in my old TV as rubbish and I havent noticed an issue, yet.

I mean, if you think about how loud a gun is, it’s realistic i guess. Also, if it’s bothersome to others, make sure you’re wearing a headset. How do you play this without it? I found a pretty good balance with a headset but i do think suppressors should be quieter. 

• Like 1

I agree with @Baroni88. I have no idea how you play this game without a headset of some sort. It seems almost essential and since i have one I think I would simply just not play if I didn't have one. I personally have no problem with the sound of gunshots. I mean heck, if they go all out with the realism they might as well make gunshots loud. It also gives me a nice little jump sometimes to let me know I could always potentially be in danger ;)

Sign in to follow this