David Kuenzler

Locked Character Database

Question

So like many many other players. I was playing along no problem with a friend of mine and we finally found eachother. However shortly after getting near to eachother we got slapped with character database locked. Any ideas or ways to fix this?

10 answers to this question

The character lock is triggered by fast reconnecting after a server crash. Take your time when reconnecting. We are working on resolving all locks as fast as possible.

3 hours ago, ImpulZ said:

The character lock is triggered by fast reconnecting after a server crash. Take your time when reconnecting. We are working on resolving all locks as fast as possible.

Well my server hasn't crashes. My game froze 5 times in the inventory screen and now I'm punished by not being able to play. This is so stupid. I'd just put a fully decked M4 down to loot other stuff and now I'm going to lose it. It's taken me like 8 hours to get all the attachments. Super annoyed.

What does take your time reconnecting mean? I've been trying to get back in the server for 20 minutes and it keeps giving me the 5 attempts then telling me I've been kicked. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner

I got a problem too. suddenly hit me (invisible attack) and blackout and kicked of server, then Character locked... oh I'm wearing cool hetmets???(SG server)

I'm having the same problem. Got booted from 3 different servers and now me and a few friends have that locked character message. Not our fault the servers are bad but we get penalized?

40$ for this is not right. I want to play it, great potential but it needs a lot of work. Please jump on this. One of my days off and I want to loot and ambush ?

Yep so I’m now locked in the database. Character started rubber banding so decided to disconnect from the server and find another. Boom locked in server. Waaaa

All servers on xbox went down for dayz i signed on when they came back on got booted and now iam stuck in database for hours 40 bucks and we cant get a fix about to message xbox support and get my money back seriously pissed about the lack of care remember fortnites a beta too and they just broke a billion dollars not because of the game but because of the customer support 

Edited by Browniestomper3722

Just happened to me too, I have a lot of loot and I’d like to get to that airfield please fix this, a gamer tag submission web page is needed as I have seen something similar on Twitter for Steam links! Please dudes I will pay you another £31.99 to fix this

On 9/5/2018 at 4:54 AM, ImpulZ said:

Please extend server times as soon as possible, even if it’s the only patch. This is ruining the experience. I’ve logged into too many servers to remeber which were resetting within 30 minutes or so.

I’d rather play with server hoppers, than have this happen so often.