Franky McFrank

This game is meant to be hard!

So many people saying the game is too hard, we need a map, the hunger dehydration rate is too much etc etc. if you need/want these things then dare I say you are playing the wrong game.

This game is different to any other survival game I've played, it's meant to be hard! If you want an easy survival game go play PUBG or something that way you don't have to worry about starvation, disease or even zombies...

I love this game even in its current state on the Xbox, as I know it will only get better. There is something about it that really gets your adrenaline going when you haven't seen another person for ages and suddenly you are confronted with someone in front of you, with no idea if they are friendly or if they have ammo in the gun in their hand.... You don't get that uncomfortable awkward feeling in any other game I've played where you have to decide to be friendly at the cost of your life or to be a barst*rd and just KoS. 

Don't get me wrong it's glitchy as hell at the moment but if the fundamentals of the game aren't to your liking I suggest you find another game.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Beans 1

These kids are here like, i cant find any food or water or guns,and  i die too easy.And i'm sitting here like , when does the darkness,disease, and broken bones begin to make this game actually difficult?d93d90e0-1a1f-422d-9675-57b471c7c798_Thu

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

When you first start off this game is tough, i died from starvation 3 times, now i understand the basic fundamentals of the game i have survived over a 3 day period, have so much food, guns and ammo i can barely hold it all and am just wishing on that one person to come try take it from me......

Edited by Dainja
  • Like 2

Agreed. I normally kit up and go looking for gunfights. The game gets a bit boring being fully kitted at all times

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Franky McFrank said:

So many people saying the game is too hard, we need a map, the hunger dehydration rate is too much etc etc. if you need/want these things then dare I say you are playing the wrong game.

This game is different to any other survival game I've played, it's meant to be hard! If you want an easy survival game go play PUBG or something that way you don't have to worry about starvation, disease or even zombies...

I love this game even in its current state on the Xbox, as I know it will only get better. There is something about it that really gets your adrenaline going when you haven't seen another person for ages and suddenly you are confronted with someone in front of you, with no idea if they are friendly or if they have ammo in the gun in their hand.... You don't get that uncomfortable awkward feeling in any other game I've played where you have to decide to be friendly at the cost of your life or to be a barst*rd and just KoS. 

Don't get me wrong it's glitchy as hell at the moment but if the fundamentals of the game aren't to your liking I suggest you find another game.

3 hours ago, Makeshift001 said:

These kids are here like, i cant find any food or water or guns,and  i die too easy.And i'm sitting here like , when does the darkness,disease, and broken bones begin to make this game actually difficult?d93d90e0-1a1f-422d-9675-57b471c7c798_Thu

3 hours ago, Dainja said:

When you first start off this game is tough, i died from starvation 3 times, now i understand the basic fundamentals of the game i have survived over a 3 day period, have so much food, guns and ammo i can barely hold it all and am just wishing on that one person to come try take it from me......

3 hours ago, Bombarding said:

Agreed. I normally kit up and go looking for gunfights. The game gets a bit boring being fully kitted at all times

About time I seen some positivity about these apocalyptic times...

I've had to turn bandit to pass some time...capturing people and leaving them in houses is my trade mark.

Listen out for muffled screams for help or if you come across anyone tied up with a burlap sack over their head...watch out; you could be next! 

Edited by Powell x91
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Powell x91 said:

I've had to turn bandit to pass some time...capturing people and leaving them in houses is my trade mark.

Listen out for muffled screams for help or if you come across anyone tied up with a burlap sack over there head...watch out; you could be next! 

The true hardcore survivalists love this game. And are proud of their roles.

• Beans 1

41 minutes ago, Bombarding said:

The true hardcore survivalists love this game. And are proud of their roles.

Feel free to tag along pal...Rope and Sacks not included, Bring you're own. 

• Like 1
  • Beans 1

2 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Feel free to tag along pal...Rope and Sacks not included, Bring you're own. 

Oh my. Dont you tempt me with a good time ;)

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Listen out for muffled screams for help or if you come across anyone tied up with a burlap sack over their head...watch out; you could be next! 

Wtf... i did not know you could gag n bag folks, do you have to knock them out first or make them get on their knees? Anything else you can make them do when they are down there lol?

I'm not sure why this keeps getting compared to PUBG - it is completely different.  You win PUBG by killing everyone else.  That isn't the case here since there really isn't any winning.  

18 hours ago, Franky McFrank said:

it's meant to be hard!

Hahaha.  What it's meant to be, what you're talking about (PVE) will never be hard.  It's impossible for it to be hard.  That is the nature of online sandbox life.  PVE will never be difficult.  Surviving the elements will always become trivial.  

The setting has to be balanced so that the lone player doesn't get one shot by a zombie.  Therefore, as soon as you group up, the player/s have the advantage.  In raw numbers, being able to easily outwit the AI, and learning the loot + map, the player will eventually find that surviving the map isn't what it's all about.  It's hard for me to believe the longevity of DayZ rests in developer created gameplay loops and not in basic social interaction.

It's funny because you start off by saying that it's a true, hardcore survival (pve) game but then go on to explain how you love the social interaction.

1 hour ago, Parazight said:

It's funny because you start off by saying that it's a true, hardcore survival (pve) game but then go on to explain how you love the social interaction.

I didn't say anything about PvE or PVP, it is all part and parcel of the game. I think as far as PvE goes it is hard to survive at the start but that's how it should be, the PVP aspect is also hard but enjoyable in my opinion as it's the unknown variable in it all

So many tryhards in one thread lol

Why even object to a map, it's not like people don't/can't play and use the maps available via apps or online

3 hours ago, micky_north said:

So many tryhards in one thread lol

Why even object to a map, it's not like people don't/can't play and use the maps available via apps or online

because there is a map... you just have to find it.

2 hours ago, Franky McFrank said:

because there is a map... you just have to find it.

No need to, I can use the online ones and have them open besides me as I play, the in game one means going in and out of the inventory in order to use it, it's inferior. 

11 hours ago, micky_north said:

No need to, I can use the online ones and have them open besides me as I play, the in game one means going in and out of the inventory in order to use it, it's inferior. 

I agree. i havent even found it yet but even if I did I'd still use the map on my phone as I play so I can try and get my bearings. No cheats only winners.

On 9/3/2018 at 9:04 PM, Powell x91 said:

You seem like a cool dude! We should team up! My trademark is to make people crouch down and I then just simply blow their brains out, clean and efficient.

One guy last night said to me 'Oh just do it, you're going to anyway' I was like 'Thats right BITCH! BOOM' (shotty to the face)

• Like 1

On 04/09/2018 at 7:23 AM, verbz said:

Wtf... i did not know you could gag n bag folks, do you have to knock them out first or make them get on their knees? Anything else you can make them do when they are down there lol?

No, Just tie them up from behind LOL its a 2 man job as the pesky buggers can run away.

1 hour ago, Dainja said:

You seem like a cool dude! We should team up! My trademark is to make people crouch down and I then just simply blow their brains out, clean and efficient.

One guy last night said to me 'Oh just do it, you're going to anyway' I was like 'Thats right BITCH! BOOM' (shotty to the face)

Thats giving them the easy way out! Haha 

Much better to let them stress over thirst or hunger or the hungry zeds outside LOL

2 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Much better to let them stress over thirst or hunger or the hungry zeds outside LOL

True true, maybe i should try a more aggressive approach!

• Like 1

On 03/09/2018 at 7:03 PM, Franky McFrank said:

You just summed it up perfectly.

• Beans 1

1 hour ago, Los Bandito said:

True true, maybe i should try a more aggressive approach!

Your approach is pretty aggressive...Works a treat LOL especially for people who won't shut up haha 

5 hours ago, Los Bandito said:

We should team up!

Any time! I got your message...we will sort something out. 

3 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

No, Just tie them up from behind LOL its a 2 man job as the pesky buggers can run away.

Pretty sure this doesn't work. Tried to tie my friend up with rope twice and it consumes the rope but doesn't tie him up. 

Edited by CarlTheGooner
Typo

5 minutes ago, CarlTheGooner said:

Pretty sure this doesn't work. Tried to tie my friend up with rope twice and it consumes the rope but doesn't tie him up. 

Yeah theres possibly a bug with the rope at the moment, also had the same issues