Sign in to follow this  
MarczXD320

Why the servers keep reseting every 90 minutes ?

For people who don't know, there is indeed a day/night cycle in the game.

The issue is, that for some odd reason the servers always reset after 90 minutes, so the time of the day in-game keeps reseting too.

I want to know the reason for that, is this a solution for the in-game server lag ?

Edited by Marco Aurelio123

I am guessing so the new players can see where they are running. DayZ is hard enough during the day time nevermind trying to play at night. 

A friend of mine who played on pc back in the day said servers reset every 4 hours. Why 90min on xbox?

Are there no other way to spawn fresh items? Maybe code it in so that we don't have to get disconnected.

Loot spawn and to keep servers fresh. Basically to kick everyone out, reload the server, and make sure things are all good. On xbox since everyone is a loot hog, if they reset every 4 hours, no one would ever get anything

private servers could be reset when ever the owner chose to on pc.

after a reset yesterday i went back into the same server and it was raining then there was a reset 20mins later.

Server resets just reset the loot. Its bare as it is so thank god it resets LOL 

Loaded back in after many resets now and the server can have different weather or time etc upon resetting so the post about time resetting etc is wrong, I'm afraid. 

Sign in to follow this