srhslayer

Food water consumption

Just now, cirkular said:

@crazy mikeYeah but these "20 minutes" between meals is still a longer period since the time passing in the game is accelerated multiple times. That's why it's so tedious in the first place. And then it should and will get re-balanced somewhat. The fact is that your energy level is used up more with just sprinting around. Because that's what people did to go around the map in search for loot, also add some crazy snaking path to it, and you're a harder target for a potential ambushing player. This is just their way of experimenting to make the game-flow different and slower to other shooter games. Doesn't mean it will stay exactly this way.

the problem a lot of people myself included think is that yes time is accelerated, however the consumption rate does NOT match up with the day, you eat multiple times more then a human could possibly eat during the course of a single game day, it feels ridiculous and low-effort by whoever is in charge of balancing the game, so much of the current criticism ive seen is around balancing issues

OK, I agree there should be some rebalancing, and if you look farther into topics and discussions here, it's been reported many times since the .63 stress test release.

Let's say it's really 20 minutes as you said, I didn't check. So I think time is 12x accelerated on the servers right now. Every "20 minutes" is actually 4 hours of real time. Normal three meals a day with 4 hours between each makes it what, eight hours from breakfast to dinner, right? A bit too fast :D Maybe make it "30 minutes" and we might get to agree somewhere with 12 hours instead, closer to normal I guess. Still, if you're running around with some weight on you, it's pretty much like doing some physical job during day. You'd need strong meals and on time :)

oh for the love of....  stop running and pace yourself. I don't even come close to  having to stop every 10 mins to eat or drink in game.

10 hours ago, Guy Smiley said:

oh for the love of....  stop running and pace yourself. I don't even come close to  having to stop every 10 mins to eat or drink in game.

you still have the mindset of "working around bad balancing" i have the mindset of "fixing the bad balancing"

I wouldn't mind longer satiation times as long as food was made more rare. Food should be valuable and precious. I wouldn't mind eating less but also finding less food overall.