addicted2code

Hunting - Can it happen?? [RESOLVED]

Resolution Notes: I have run into wolves, deer, chickens, and sheep so far.  So it is there, it's just very rare.  All random locations.  awesome stuff! 

Original Post: Question for the XBOX release... is hunting possible/worth it?  I know that in .63 content you could slowly go around the woods and eventually find wildlife to eat.  Is that the case with the XBOX release?  I ask because I don't want to run around the woods for 5 hours hunched over only to find out animals don't spawn in this yet for hunting.  I've been in the woods, going real slow, sometimes sitting still for quite a while for the past 60m on a server.  Not a single animal.

Edited by addicted2code

They are there just got to find them.

16 minutes ago, Deathbykarma said:

Ive seen elk,sheep and goat so far out in the wild. Havemt came across the wolves yet.

Thanks for sharing.  I've just spent the last 2 hours slowly going through woods and not a thing :( I was north west of ropka , in the wide open fields.  Even hung around water for 20m with nothing.

Just out of curiosity, where were you when you saw them (if you remember)? 

I already found wolves, in the town with a military base nearby a train station, pack of 10+, had to run for my life inside a bulding, luckly the zombies attack any living thing so slowly a horde was gathering (i guess they are attracted to howlings ? might be wrong tho) the entire pack was massacrated lol.

I have yet to find goats, sheeps, cows, deers, foxes, rabbits etc but i know they are indeed in the xbox one version.

2 hours ago, addicted2code said:

Question for the XBOX release... is hunting possible/worth it?  I know that in .63 content you could slowly go around the woods and eventually find wildlife to eat.  Is that the case with the XBOX release?  I ask because I don't want to run around the woods for 5 hours hunched over only to find out animals don't spawn in this yet for hunting.  I've been in the woods, going real slow, sometimes sitting still for quite a while for the past 60m on a server.  Not a single animal.

Better get practising read for the bears that are to come ;)

• Beans 1

I was traveling along a road yesterday and then all of a sudden I heard a huge call that I hadnt ever heard before. At first I thought it was just background immersion audio like the crickets and mosquitos and flies and stuff - I figured they hadnt implemented wildlife yet the same as vehicles and stuff. But I turn around and sure enough I look out in the woods where the sound kept coming from and there was a pack of moose/elk/caribou and I was just like H O L Y S H I T and kinda just stood there watching for a while. It was really cool. I didnt have any ammo for my rifle so I just said bye to them and went on my way ?