The HorseMen Clan

Please reduce the need to drink and feed

6 hours ago, Eeyeoretherealone said:

Apple trees now drop fruit on the ground around it, I liked it better when I could search the actual tree. I went thru a whole orchid and only found 2 apples and a pear. Maybe it had already been cleaned out. 

Thanks, good to know. I was searching above in the trees. Lol

Edited by The HorseMen Clan
  • Beans 1

On 8/30/2018 at 10:01 AM, Roger Alan said:

I think y'all just need to learn how to play the game and atop belly aching. Seriously. It isnt that difficult to keep your meters up.

No it actually is, you may get lucky but one town should atleast have a food or drink i timed it and just jogging every 10 minutes i. Need food and drink or i go into limp state. Even for simulater this is bad.

Keep any plastic bottles you have, you can refill them at water pumps or ponds. It’s really not that hard if you play smart and plan ahead. Stock up on water/food before you move on to somewhere else.

• Beans 1

3 hours ago, Squelettetriton said:

Keep the game hard and demanding please :)

I dont mind demanding and hardcore, one reason I love DayZ, but it's a bit much at its current state.

1 hour ago, zPaniK said:

Keep any plastic bottles you have, you can refill them at water pumps or ponds. It’s really not that hard if you play smart and plan ahead. Stock up on water/food before you move on to somewhere else.

Yes, but I'm dying on the coast  5 minutes after respawning. It's a chore! Not enough food or water for whatever reason inorder to stock up and venture out.

I've played on PC, and understand the concept.

Somethings gotta give...

Sorry man, but the food and water works just fine. I admit I died by starvation when I first got fully kitted. Mp5 with mags, full gear, etc. But i then tweaked my mentality. Get full food and water first, carry 4 cans of food and 2 bottles on me at all times. The guns fell into place. Everyone that is complaining about this needs to break away from the mentality that this is another game. It's a hardcore survival simulator. If you didnt do your research and know that this is what the game was, that's your fault. 

Just be thankful when you leave the server you dont lose food :)

Also here is a pro tip. Stay away from big citys at the beach. They are always looted. Get to a cluster of houses that you can loot in under 2 min. Loot, swap to a low pop server. And keep repeating until you're good.

IF you find a water pump in a town just spam it until your water is full, it goes up to a value of 5000 but you spawn in with like 400, and food goes up to 20k.

If you find a water pump you won't have to worry about hydration at all, on the wiki its been calculated you could sprint for 72 minutes before needing to drink again.

As for food you just need to eat literally everything you find. You're stomach is endless in 0.63, your food value starts at like 500 and it goes up to 20000 as previously mentioned. Also you can even eat raw meat and drink from ponds without infection as its not in the game right now so thats a plus

2 hours ago, Bombarding said:

Sorry man, but the food and water works just fine. I admit I died by starvation when I first got fully kitted. Mp5 with mags, full gear, etc. But i then tweaked my mentality. Get full food and water first, carry 4 cans of food and 2 bottles on me at all times. The guns fell into place. Everyone that is complaining about this needs to break away from the mentality that this is another game. It's a hardcore survival simulator. If you didnt do your research and know that this is what the game was, that's your fault. 

Just be thankful when you leave the server you dont lose food :)

Also here is a pro tip. Stay away from big citys at the beach. They are always looted. Get to a cluster of houses that you can loot in under 2 min. Loot, swap to a low pop server. And keep repeating until you're good.

You shouldnt have to keep swapping servers lol

Re-thought my opinion on this after several more hours of play....

Basically it comes down to the initial spawn and time there after; its crucial to success. If you get a half decent spawn close to a town or somewhere to loot you're good (or once you have your bearings you know where to go). 

Once you're relatively equipped dieing to the elements isn't a worry at all. You just have to get through the initial spawn period being pretty unequipped and low on your meters. 

I agree with this but I do think that we should have some numbers next to the meters so we know how much hp and food we have etc.... That would make it easier to gauge rather than taking notice of the limp.

• Beans 1

I'm love the concept of Dayz, bought it on the PC, and now on the Xbox. Character moves smoothly on the Xbox, but as said by others, water (can't see this on the screen due to it being off), food and meds are sparse or looted. I spawned near 3 tower blocks, all doors were shut, and nothing in them! The busted ship on the shore has a few pants and shirts, no food or water, or anything.

So game could be great, if there were more items scattered about (e.g. mushrooms in the woods and streams) or if the server is full, more loot respawning say after an hour of it being taken. At the moment after buying 24 hours ago, I have patience for 2-3 games of fustration, then switch off. This game could be amazing!

• Beans 1

On 2018-08-30 at 6:07 AM, The HorseMen Clan said:

I feel it should be tweaked. I rather die by zombies or PVP, over not finding a well or canned food fast enough. Gets old!

Thanks,

VEX

I agree 100%.

If they aim for realism we should only be forced to eat and drink ONCE every 24 hours.

This 15 minute forcing eat/drink are the worst idea ever in a game where there are so many other dangers that can kill you.

I can't focus on anything else really...it puts me off and not wanting to play.

• Beans 1

16 hours ago, Deathbykarma said:

You shouldnt have to keep swapping servers lol

EXACTLY. 

Its too grindy at it's current state.

11 hours ago, bent.toe said:

I agree 100%.

If they aim for realism we should only be forced to eat and drink ONCE every 24 hours.

This 15 minute forcing eat/drink are the worst idea ever in a game where there are so many other dangers that can kill you.

I can't focus on anything else really...it puts me off and not wanting to play.

Yup. Not fun at all...

16 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Re-thought my opinion on this after several more hours of play....

Basically it comes down to the initial spawn and time there after; its crucial to success. If you get a half decent spawn close to a town or somewhere to loot you're good (or once you have your bearings you know where to go). 

Once you're relatively equipped dieing to the elements isn't a worry at all. You just have to get through the initial spawn period being pretty unequipped and low on your meters. 

I understand, but it's a bit much. You have to agree. 

We shouldnt have to grind and concern ourselves with health dropping too fast due to thirst/hunger. I truly prefer concentrating on other elements, over chasing the next water well.

It's all I worry about at the moment. Again, not fun.

PC was not like this...

Its DayZ, not ThirstZ. Ha

See what I did there?

....I'll see myself out...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, The HorseMen Clan said:

I understand, but it's a bit much. You have to agree. 

We shouldnt have to grind and concern ourselves with health dropping too fast due to thirst/hunger. I truly prefer concentrating on other elements, over chasing the next water well.

It's all I worry about at the moment. Again, not fun.

PC was not like this...

Its DayZ, not ThirstZ. Ha

See what I did there?

....I'll see myself out...

Mate hahahahahah for gods sake Loool 

I know, I played PC years ago and have seen and watched recent streams leading up to release for console. Wouldnt know why theyve made different meter drop rates when its the same map. Plus less players and it seems like less loot around too. Plus we aint got vehicle's yet so i can see why people are struggling.

The meter rates are slightly too fast...But for when you start and spawn in yeah, Most complaining are new spawns who struggle to get off to a decent start. I find you barely even think about it once your relatively equipped. I had 2 PET plastic bottles and was fine, yesterday i found 3 military canteens which im using now and still no issue, Keep all 3 full and havent had an issue of using all 3 before finding an area where I can fill them up...so you surely can understand what I mean by once you get through the hardship of being a new spawn, Life gets easier LOL 

And I mean I'm not constantly having to be drinking out of these canteens. I drink a half to full one every 20 to 30 minutes so for in game time at the distance im travelling etc etc etc thats kind of reasonable.

9 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

Mate hahahahahah for gods sake Loool 

I know, I played PC years ago and have seen and watched recent streams leading up to release for console. Wouldnt know why theyve made different meter drop rates when its the same map. Plus less players and it seems like less loot around too. Plus we aint got vehicle's yet so i can see why people are struggling.

The meter rates are slightly too fast...But for when you start and spawn in yeah, Most complaining are new spawns who struggle to get off to a decent start. I find you barely even think about it once your relatively equipped. I had 2 PET plastic bottles and was fine, yesterday i found 3 military canteens which im using now and still no issue, Keep all 3 full and havent had an issue of using all 3 before finding an area where I can fill them up...so you surely can understand what I mean by once you get through the hardship of being a new spawn, Life gets easier LOL 

9 hours ago, Powell x91 said:

And I mean I'm not constantly having to be drinking out of these canteens. I drink a half to full one every 20 to 30 minutes so for in game time at the distance im travelling etc etc etc thats kind of reasonable.

I guess I dont mind the need to drink and eat often if traveling long distances.

I think what really KILLS (the game for) me is how fast it drains our health. I shouldn't be limping 3 mins in due to hunger and thirst.

Why is my leg broken? Lol

I'm voting for servers with thirst/hunger once every 24h and an in-game map with dot's for me and my friends.

Everything else should be as it is.

It's not like the game would be any easier. 

Btw... I would like to know why there are such a big deal with eating and drinking...but not hygien or sleeping or pooping and peeing.

Why not go all in if you are so focused on realism

If the above is not needed..then hunger/thirst should not be needed either.

It should be fun to play..not some damn chores.

53 minutes ago, bent.toe said:

Btw... I would like to know why there are such a big deal with eating and drinking...but not hygien or sleeping or pooping and peeing.

Why not go all in if you are so focused on realism

If the above is not needed..then hunger/thirst should not be needed either.

It should be fun to play..not some damn chores.

Its in GP, You know this right? 

There is a infection/disease meter...heard 21 in total different kinds when it comes into play.

Pooping and peeing is utterly retarded in a game. Its funny for kids in ARK probably but dont see why you are saying it should be in the game. Pretty ridiculous. 

Sleeping cant work like an offline game of elder scrolls etc everybody in the server cant be at different times so how would people sleep...not like there would be a bedtime called on the server LOL think you should put this pooing and peeing business to bed though pal.

4 hours ago, The HorseMen Clan said:

I guess I dont mind the need to drink and eat often if traveling long distances.

I think what really KILLS (the game for) me is how fast it drains our health. I shouldn't be limping 3 mins in due to hunger and thirst.

Why is my leg broken? Lol

Yes, Strange why you limp when thirsty but its really just exaggerated effect for the game...has to be some implications to being hungry or thirsty etc even loss of blood. 

25 minutes ago, Powell x91 said:

Its in GP, You know this right? 

There is a infection/disease meter...heard 21 in total different kinds when it comes into play.

Pooping and peeing is utterly retarded in a game. Its funny for kids in ARK probably but dont see why you are saying it should be in the game. Pretty ridiculous. 

Sleeping cant work like an offline game of elder scrolls etc everybody in the server cant be at different times so how would people sleep...not like there would be a bedtime called on the server LOL think you should put this pooing and peeing business to bed though pal.

I'm not your pal so stop being condescending and telling me it's stupid to have pooping and peeing... Ofcourse it is, but so is eating and drinking every damn 15-20 minutes.

Why are you defending this like its the best thing happen in the game industry. IF you need to eat and drink like a mad man then sure as hell there should be consequences like stopping to pee every 30 minutes.

It's not fun and it detracts from all the other things you need to do to survive.

YES you need to eat, sleep, drink etc..but once every 24 hour would be enough. No?

We won't get further with this since we have different opinions. So i will back off.

This system is completely exaggerated. I do like the idea, however it’s overblown in the worst way. 

The necesity for water and its availabilty around the map doesn’t correlate well to a fun experience.