Sign in to follow this  
Sgt-Recon

Sneaky Sniper

Hi guys I have nearly 500 hours in game and I have seen one Sniper Rifle - the VSS. I am scouring Tisy for a sniper rifle so I can sneak about and try a few headshots. Does anyone have a tip as to where to look to get a sniper rifle? I am currently wielding a scorpion with silencer and a Sporter with Hunting Scope for range kills. I do have a magnum in my Alice Pack but have no need to use it as yet.

I search Tisy over and over but never have luck. I guess its down to server hoppers. That's another thing how can I see what server I am on? I may have to resort to hopping maybe but it breaks the immersion. I love this game and enjoyed the stress tests last weekend. Thanks for reading... 

The sniper rifles in the game aren't in military bases, if you really want the snipers with hunting scope there are only 2 weapons atm:

B95 rifle and Winchester, you can only find them in civilian buildings, not military buildings and tents.

I hope you will find some, cheers :)

Raptor.

Are you playing on official or community servers? I've found a few SVDs at tisy on the community servers I somtimes play on. If you are playing on official people might have them all stashed away. Items don't respawn if they are in use by people. You need to kill them or find their stashes. 

Edited by Solopopo

6 hours ago, Solopopo said:

Items don't respawn if they are in use by people. You need to kill them or find their stashes. 

Not entirely correct. Items worn on the character do not exist for the server. Only items stored in containers.

And because of Sniperrifles .... go to Novaya Petrovka and search in the barns, maybe you find it, or another found it and shot you in head from 600m.

• Beans 1

On 6/3/2018 at 3:51 AM, Sqeezorz said:

Not entirely correct. Items worn on the character do not exist for the server. Only items stored in containers.

And because of Sniperrifles .... go to Novaya Petrovka and search in the barns, maybe you find it, or another found it and shot you in head from 600m.

Not entirely wrong either. If you find their stash you get their stuff. If you kill them you still get their stuff xD

Players with a stash will probably be swapping weapons now and again from the stash. In general, their ownership of various weapons can stop things from spawning. I guess the phrase "in use" was a little vague, but I meant for it to be because I was actually deliberately avoiding clarifying the difference between the two types of ownership to keep things simple and write less, lol.

Edited by Solopopo
  • Beans 1

If you are trying to find an SVD in .62, your best bet is to place yourself at Tisy for a normally scheduled server restart.  In the first half-hour to hour after a restart, the CLE seems to "catch up" with the nominal call-for quantities of each type of loot, giving you a greater chance of finding a decent gun.

• Like 1