LoneWolf_RP

Beta on a stable branch

Kind time of the day the esteemed developers of DayZ Standalone, after watching the broadcast, I asked the question: "Is there a 0.63 patch on a stable branch, or will there be a ready release of the game on a stable branch?". In advance thanks for the answer.

Kind time of the day to you too :) 

As far as I know the 0.63 update will first be on experimental branch followed by a bunch of patches -  then when its ready to it will go to stable (correct me if I'm wrong here). Not sure if that answers your question...

• Beans 1

As @The Ghost of Hoik already mentioned, at first they will roll out 0.63 on the Experimental branch. In a few weeks they will push out 0.63 Experimental for a stress test, don't expect getting too much playtime because it's a stress test. It will only be up for a short period of time and the results of this test will determine if we're very close to a full 0.63 Experimental release or have to wait a bit longer. When 0.63 gets released fully on Experimental they will start adding features, fix bugs, optimize, balance, etc. After all the features are in and the game is in a stable state and to their standards (no game breaking server crashes, client crashes or bugs) they will release 0.63 on Stable, officially moving into the Beta phase.

When 0.63 will hit the Stable branch is unknown and the developers probably don't know it either. They might have a target date but it's hard to predict since unexpected bugs or things might popup during the play testing of 0.63 Experimental.

• Beans 2

As an interesting note, private servers will be able to opt-in to .63 during experimental.  Whether or not this will be a good idea in the first few weeks of the patch remains to be seen.