Sign in to follow this  
lolly

Carving/writing on loot - Inspect Item Interface

The age old situation of an established camp in an RP server having it's loot stolen repeatedly could be solved by adding the option to carve a name on items with a knife or pen.

Being able to find that gun or can of peaches on a captured survivor with your clan's name written or etched on it would give you the evidence to justify your next move. 

A simple 5 or 8 character option could be adjusted to fit on all items. This would also make the inspect item interface more meaningful for once.

A scratch or marker pen font could be layered onto items when a player has a knife or pen in their hands. Removing the mark would have to be impossible until the item despawned. 

Understandably there would have to be a limit on the number of characters that  could be used, but would help ID loot and create an extra dynamic to immersive gameplay. 

Any thoughts? Perhaps someone will make a mod for this in future?

• Like 1

Could be a cool way to know if you killed the guy that stole your gun.

I am picturing some use for this in events as well, find the item marked with xxxx and bring to camp for a reward and similar stuff.

• Like 1

Exactly! The implications could be huge for finding that survivor who took your stuff and lied! 

So many possibilities out of that potential feature for RP, events or just pvp.

Vehicles and car parts too! 

• Beans 1

Not a bad niche idea at all.. I'm all for the small RP style elements. I hope when we can write notes again that they will stay somewhat persistent so someone will actually find them instead of disappearing on a server reset and make they stay for 24 hrs or something if it isnt in a tent etc

but I could change my name in the name of the real owner. what is then? the car belonged to "John Cash" ... I steal the car and call myself "John Cash" ... then what? only the GUID is unique ... and my god is not easy to have in mind ^^. I am not against it, it is only a small hint.

Edit: forget my comment ... I got it wrong. it can be a secret number or something. The idea is top.

Edited by Sqeezorz
Add

I see your point, the idea would work best for rp servers where all players have "survivor" as their player name.

• Beans 1