Daniel Hocken Hock

pen and paper?

Whould be nice if we could write stuff on paper and pass it on to another player. Leave a little note in another players backpack when hes uncon or leave notes behind in houses maybe warning other peoples about threats in a specific town or villages.

17 hours ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

They will be bringing back notes in the future.

And metal wire, don't forget about metal wire. :P

Why was it taken out ? I want to leave creepy notes in peoples tents that I don't steal. And on another note, I think notes should be somewhat persistent rather than disappear on a server restart to invigorate more possible player interactions with said note(s) rather than always having to leave them inside tents, barrels and backpacks etc. So this probs would not work as alot of players just drop leftover bullet pack "paper" resulting in alot of persistent paper lying around. HOWEVER.. maybe if the paper has text on it doesn't disappear for a while longer perhaps ? I guess i could say this, in a round about way is me wanting to live out a fantasy of living in a secluded town and leave messed up notes around the place about a killer who lives in town and you should leave and then you see me lurkin completely NAKED with ghille hood and and axe coming for ya.. this is in dayz be the way..

I think notes is a super, interesting, untouched mechanic for interaction purposes for dayz. I hope it gets a little bit more attention one day.