Sign in to follow this  
tmbt

Realism .. What we can do right now ?

Hi guys,

i started playing again dayz after more than an year and i really like the improvements. I have 2 questions for you all :

1) Does Persistent work ? (tents , barrels etc)

2) Where are the animals ? I'm trying to play "survival mode" but i can find only chickens. Where are the other animals (farm and wild)

Thanks

Mattia

1) It should work now, unless its a private server that wipes persistence each restart, have heard of a few that does that.

2) Some cows around still but in practical terms chickens will be the way to go for now. That and a little farm plot should work though.

1 hour ago, tmbt said:

Hi guys,

i started playing again dayz after more than an year and i really like the improvements. I have 2 questions for you all :

1) Does Persistent work ? (tents , barrels etc)

2) Where are the animals ? I'm trying to play "survival mode" but i can find only chickens. Where are the other animals (farm and wild)

Thanks

Mattia

1)  Persistence definitely works on the now separate hive BI-run Official Servers - these are beyond 95% solid and OK ? (right,  players?)   For tents , barrels etc .. well .. some folk still argue about how LONG they last - Also some folk wonder Where the Hell you can find a barrel in the first place on an Official Server.
My best bet is find someone's camp throw their stuff out into another tent (you a "nice" player?)  and steal a barrel. I ain't seen a barrel in this iteration on 30 Official Servers in every location in 200 towns & villages. Most villages are stripped bare.
But plenty of farming instruments, fertilizer and seeds around. Stand right under a tree in SHELTER when it rains, and watch your crops grow.

2 ) When the WOLVES find you ..  you'll notice them.
Maybe you should give the DayZTV Map a once over, a LOT has changed .. including industry, towns, loot, buildings, zombies, fireplaces (in houses), trees, disease, military camps, rivers, vehicles, rain, animals .. you name it ..  mainly rain.

http://www.dayztv.com/map/#4.100.117

xx pilgrim

[ & too many towns ! ]

Also seriously look out for cholera, wet clothes, and fast hypothermia, as well as wolves

xx enjoy

pilgrim

Edited by pilgrim*
  • Like 2