Sign in to follow this  
DannyDog

Walking/Running into geometry

I'm not sure if this has already been posted or mentioned anywhere and i'm also not sure what the dev's stance is for this but can colliding into walls/geometry stop you from doing the running or moving animation? It feels so immersion breaking that you can just continuously play the running animation even if your heading straight into a wall. I would have thought it would be something they'd implement with the new anim/player controller system but seeing it happen in the recent gamescom vids make me feel unsure about whether or not its something that's been discussed (hopefully it has been). What do you guys think? Do you guys like how it is?

Dog out

Edited by DannyDog
rename title for more clarification

Do you mean an animation when you come against a clip? So like a stop or little stumple/stamp ?

At the end from Beta, then OK.

10 hours ago, Sqeezorz said:

Do you mean an animation when you come against a clip? So like a stop or little stumple/stamp ?

At the end from Beta, then OK.

Sorta? I mean like when you're running into a wall your player just keeps running into it like an idiot. So its more tied to the actual player controller/animation and collision system not adding more animations and such.

Wait, you don't do that in real life? Jokes aside, good point. Maybe the new player controller has this already, not sure about it.

I do have to say, it is a good way to stay warm this way when you're wet.

I know a lot of players leveled sneak up in skyrim by using running at a wall, with some one close on the other side of the wall.

so players will use any thing they find out to use in a game.