Sign in to follow this  
EngineerZ

Easy implementation for better gameplay / replayability

Hello Guys,

building a camp was always one of the best things I liked to do in Arma 2 Dayz Mod. Hiding your tent in a forest was fun finding the perfect "safe" place. On the other hand finding someone elses camp was so exciting too. In Dayz Standalone you almost never find a camp and in my opinion it is because tents are way to hard to find. Also Barrels are pretty rare.

My suggestion is adding tents to the spawn tables of random local houses and not only at these "skyscrapper appartments" and military areas. This would be very easy to implement and have in my opinion a great impact. Maybe the devs can even create more variations of civil tents or smaller tents. If there would be more places to find tents, I think more players would build their "bases" somewhere in the woods, which would make roaming the forests more fun. An alternative would be making a craftable improvised shelters with storage function. Adding more storage containers like maybe a wooden crate or a rusty steelbox would be awesome to keep players playing longer and return to their camp.

Greets EngineerZ

I find camps all the time on high pop servers like DayZ Underground, OldSchool Hardcore DayZ, DayZ Colony, Gents of Novo, etc.  You don't find that many camps on low pop servers. Civilian tents are super easy to find in apartment buildings on the coast, and if you can't get one there, it's a 100% chance at the Novaya Petrovka ones.

If you want military tents, you will need to venture in military bases and compounds.

Barrels are another thing though. When the servers are freshly started it's a race to get one. But still, you can find one pretty easily if you know where to look for.

You should check the Trello and old Status Reports, as the implementation of camo netting to hide tents and camps has been confirmed, as well as digging holes and hiding things in the ground.

Lastly, the CLE will see alterations until final release, there's still plenty fixes to come to loot spawns as right now it's not the best, at all...

Safe travels survivor.  

• Like 3

Maybe they increased the spawn rates at that appartment building. But I think it even sucks it spawns only at one type of building. It would be more realistic if normal houses would have a chance to have a tent inside, too. As I play a lot of roleplay gameplay I don't actually want to actively search for a tent by going into a specific building, because in realism you can't know tents are only in these buildings. Thanks for your answer though, I will give a full server a try.

IRL - Cut 12 pine branches with the foliage on them. Lean or tie the thick ends against up the base of a pine tree in a quarter fan, make an easy waterproof shelter. Stay out of the rain. Keep some stuff in it.  Hardly visible.

AND IRL - 1 man pup tents weigh 4 kg, fit in your backpack (4-6 slots?) . Drab green or brown. Stay out of the rain. Keep some stuff in it.  Hardly visible.