Sign in to follow this  
WOLFGEIST

Installing stable AND experimental at the same time?

I'd like to have both exp and stable installed at the same time. What's the best way to go about this?

I'm not sure if this method will work but Right click on DayZ -> Properties -> Local files -> Create back-up from game files and choose a directory. Then switch to the other branch and do the same thing. Now you can import the version you would like to play, you might have to delete all the files before importing though.

It's not quite what you exactly wanted but I believe there is no other way doing this I'm afraid.

• Like 1

Ah ok, that will probably work. Thanks!

Interesting method. I will try for sure.

This is what I do when I switch:

So I have the stable branch installed and I want to install Experimental:

1. Find where your "DayZ" folder is installed. (C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps) I rename it to "DayZS" (meaning DayZStable).
2. Right click on DayZ in your Steam Library and selected "Delete Local Content"
3. Navigate to the option to download experimental and do so.
4. Now I have Experimental downloaded and installed to play, and the Stable folder renamed DayZS when I want to play that. 

Then when I want to play stable again, 
#1. I navigate to the DayZ folder and rename the experimental install folder to DayZE (for DayZ Experimental).
#2. Right click on DayZ in your Steam Library and selected "Delete Local Content"
#3. Rename DayZS to DayZ.
#4. Make sure you are not opted into experimental.
#5. Press install the game and it will verfiy your files and your ready to play Stable in seconds without downloading the whole pile.

Repeat these "#" action whenever you want to switch!

Edited by goateswyn
  • Like 1