Sign in to follow this  
PRKCHPSYRING

Stable v Experimental

Hey guys, 

I've just gotten back into playing Day Z after about a year actually lol. I was just wondering if people prefer to play on stable or experimental servers? I know experimental has more features and stuff but I didnt know if bugs/glitches make it worth it.

Edited by PRKCHPSYRING

1) At the moment there are only very slight differences between stable and experimental. On Experimental are only small updates to fix relevant core errors, which are then pushed to stable.

2) Whether it is worth playing, this is something that has to decide for itself. It depends mainly on your own preferences and expectations. You will get 1000 different opinions on the forum path .... in the time the wasted for it, it would be better if you make yourself a picture of DayZ. Then you have the impression of being fit to yourself.

My opinion.

• Like 1

You really should not play on experimental unless you are involved in sending files and making reports for BI. The difference is marginal at best unless a big new experimental patch has just dropped, and most players are on stable. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PRKCHPSYRING said:

Hey guys, 

I've just gotten back into playing Day Z after about a year actually lol. I was just wondering if people prefer to play on stable or experimental servers? I know experimental has more features and stuff but I didnt know if bugs/glitches make it worth it.

If persistent loot tents, barrels, and cars are important to your game play  then   stable is for you.

• Like 2