zRain Denk

DayZ New Animations

In the next update we will get some new animations as well a new player controller .
So i was thinking about a animation that would help the gameplay . 

- Grab player corpse .
Lets say you have a 3 man squad and you are ambushed by some dudes and one of your friends get shot and he is unconscious (also he got shot because he was expose) and you need to save him but without risking your own life and i was thinking about a animation that can allow you to grab a player corpse and put him behind cover and giving him the first aid .
The grab animations can be in many different ways those are just two that i have for now :

- grabing the corpse with one hand and with the other hand to aim your gun ( for doing some covering fire just to scare the shooters. while doing this you can`t aim down the sight, all you can do is just hip fire and just with full auto weapons, is nearly impossible to reload a sniper rifle with just one hand )

- or putting the corpse on the shoulders ( this way could me faster than the other one because you are focusing just on running with your friend to a safe place and not focusing on two different parts, getting him in some place safe and also shooting at the shooters )

DayZ character should take the corpse with the left hand while in the right hand can be anything from a gun, pistol to a first aid kit or a water bottle.

Another things that i would like to see in DayZ are :
- pistol hostler on the leg.
- machete hostler on the back, horizontally just above the butt.
- walkie talkie hostler on the shoulder.
- a new interface.
- option in game when using VIOP like - whisper, yell and normal speak.
- radio chatter while using walkie talkie.( like in arma 3 )
- and of course ... some performance optimization i beg you .

15 minutes ago, zRain Denk said:

In the next update we will get some new animations as well a new player controller .
So i was thinking about a animation that would help the gameplay . 

The next update has no new animations or player controller. It's strictly for audio/visual overhauls and nothing else. The patch after this next one will be player controller and animations hopefully (0.63). Also, I am sure they already have planned out the next couple patches, but it will be very interesting to see what modders do once they get their hands on it.

Edited by JBURNS489

Also, you should read the suggestions first before posting.. this (in fact all of your suggestions) has been brought up before and confirmed to some degree.

There will eventually be some form of dragging allowed. 

Edited by Irish.
finally read the whole post ;)
  • Like 1

Looking forward to all these wonderful things on the development board. Visual and audio fidelity overhaul just around the corner, then further on down bicycles, bears, vines and overgrowth (al la The Last of Us), base building, and areas requiring gas masks and haz mat suits. And that doesn't even scratch the surface.

I applaud the initiative and the desire to contribute ideas. As commented above, the next update is not going to bring animations but is strictly design. However, that does not mean that we can not go on discussing or thinking about possibilities of new animations.

Having said that, the discussion about "dragging bodies" is very frequent in this forum and I think a lot of us have asked for it. Review previous topics where these discussions take place. It is also good to always repeat them so that the idea is not lost in the forgetfulness but I believe that even the developers themselves have spoken of this as a future possibility to incorporate.

I think a good example of how body loading works is that of the Sniper Elite. Surely find a video that shows the animation.