exwoll

Crafted raincoats

We should be able to craft raincoats, from leafs or woven. 

Sometimes it's really difficult to find one, and when the climate gets colder, or it rains more often.

Some examples:

Leafs/woven raincoats

img_7567.jpgjapanese-camouflage-garment.jpg?w=271&h=cc18e8486699e3e0754eb2fcb12da959.jpg

Leather Poncho (Wolf of Thorns suggestion)

alligator_faux_leather_hooded_cape_ponchimg60183927.jpg

Animal Gut raincoat

bw3artsprattdenaina20140515.jpg?itok=-2N

Tarp Poncho (Game in Theory + Amondian suggestion)

xJnYo0U.png

Even a plastic bag

20170122144900417.jpg

Or even umbrellas should be available too :)

Edited by exwoll
  • Like 3

As I recommended in a thread Irish started a while back, I would love to see a leather pancho (rain resistant) that is craftable.

• Like 2

Cut sheets of birchbark from a tree, and drape them over you.

5 hours ago, Wolf of Thorns said:

As I recommended in a thread Irish started a while back, I would love to see a leather pancho (rain resistant) that is craftable.

Added your variable too

• Like 1

8 hours ago, exwoll said:

Added your variable too

That leather poncho looks slick, Exwoll. I would love to craft a wolfhide poncho that looks like that.

Agree 100%. Ponchos are really needed from crafting not only for its usefulness to combat the cold but also because they give the game a clearly apocalyptic dress.

Also, adding to the original ideal, i think there should be some kind of item like "plastic" that you can get (by cutting) from:

• Drybags
  • Raincoats
  • Tents
  • Waterproof Bag

This item should work to craft an improvise raincoat or an improvise store tent and some other stuff. I saw this idea in some amazing concept of "Game In Theory" on Youtube. I leave you the link here just to get more info about his concept: Game in Theory Plastic Concept.

xJnYo0U.png

Regarding the leather poncho idea, i think it definetly could be possible. I don´t know the waterproofing status of natural animal leather in real life but maybe if you craft it with some other items (Oil, water, feathers, something else) you could get a great attire to combat hypothermia.

Beans!!

Edited by Asmondian
  • Like 2

Asmondian.... a most excellent illustration of a concept once again. Would be amazing to see implemented. Would definitely be excellent to see all of us wearing those when it is raining in Chernarus!

• Like 1

yeah, also tarps and plastic bags could be used to craft weapon protection against rain. That would be really useful once devs implement weapon decay and water starts affecting them!

• Like 1