Sign in to follow this  
ZombieEvolution

Enfusion Engine || Question for the Tech Heads

Hi there,

Ever since i've heard about the new enfusion engine I have been wondering is this engine a Visual Editor like Unity Or Unreal?

Or is it a completely hard coded engine?

If I understand you correctly you are asking if it has a system like Blueprint or Unity Playmaker.

From what I know about RV/Enfusion there is no visual scripting component that lets you create in-game behaviors via a point-and-click interface. I believe you are required to write scripts that utilize an API presented from the game engine itself. It would be an interesting project to create some kind of visual scripting tool. I don't think it would be that difficult either. But code is code. If you can't write an SQF script it would be pretty difficult to use the visual scripting tool.

I could be completely wrong, though. Take everything I wrote with a few grains of salt.

On 1/17/2017 at 1:38 AM, ZombieEvolution said:

Ever since i've heard about the new enfusion engine I have been wondering is this engine a Visual Editor like Unity Or Unreal?

Or is it a completely hard coded engine?

The engine is their own, as sneakydude said.

You should take a look at the tools that are currently available for ArmA 3 for creating missions/mods. They have a visual editor for placing various assets, triggers, and such, and an interface for editing code and tying that in to external scripts. While I would not expect something like that to come to SA for quite a while after modding is permitted, it's not unreasonable to think that SA would be the logical place to test out such a system when the time is right.

That said, I highly doubt that modders will be left with no visual element to the mod creation process. It's probably a safe bet that at first we'll have something along the lines of the ArmA 2 editor at the very least. 

A great deal will probably depend on what can be brought over from ArmA 3 (I'm particularly curious about the feasibility of bringing ArmA's Zeus system over in some form as well), and how difficult it will be to port/adapt it for use with SA. No reason to rewrite a new editor from scratch if there's an existing one that was just redone in the last two years that can be tailored to fit SA's needs, even if at first it lacks a number of bells and whistles.

Edited by chambersenator

In a recent interview Mirek spoke about this. The series is well worth watching in it's entirity, but the answer to your question is here: