Sign in to follow this  
Espa

DayZ Soft Skills Alternative Plan?

7 hours ago, Mr_Joe said:

Stamina shouldn't be connected to soft skills, I think it should just be connected to how healthy your character is.  So if you want to be able to run the longest, stay hydrated and energized.

Why not? I run on a daily basis and I am a better runner now than when I started...

Tarkov has a pretty sick skills system. I thought DayZ SA would have something similar.

Nothing annoys me more then having to hold shift down, wait then hold shift down, wait, hold shift down to do minor running.

Just slow down the run speed, and turning speed some. Otherwise if i have to hold 1 more key down ill cry.

This sort of reminds me of the Ultima Online skill system... In that old game, something like lumberjacking would increase your chance to hit with bladed weapons (i.e. it would boost your swordsmanship stat) as I recall.... I don't know if I can agree with the necessity for it. I mean, we can already sprint for an unlimited amount of time (granted you don't try to sprint up an incline, and granted it hasn't changed since I last played)... Taking that away would only slow us down, and make travel even more of a pain in the stump.... Further, it would give a disadvantage to newer players... Even further still, I fear the skills would reset should the character die... Then you've got an Everquest situation on your hands, where players are killing themselves in real life because they just lost six months' worth of in-game work in a single instant because some #%*#!^%!# wanted to shoot them because reasons... No thanks...

Instead of implementing these, I'd actually like to see a simple health/stamina/etc. bar first...

Still, I honestly think the game could benefit from a crafting system not unlike UO's was back in the day, where you get recipes dependent upon the tier you're at skill-wise, and can see the materials needed, then go get them and make what you need to make... Instead of having to Google everything.... It would also be nice to have a "repair" function in the skill itself, so a highly-skilled tailor or gunsmith or something can return an item to "pristine" condition... Though, I'd advise keeping the fix-it pieces currently in the game, so as to offer people not skilled in whatever to be able to fix whatever they need to fix...

I dunno, just thinking through my keyboard....

Edited by t3h_kgb