Sign in to follow this  
Patient14

Poison from Fuel Canister

I know drinking fuel is not exactly reccomended if you are planning on living, but...I emptied the vessel and filled it with water...then drank and got sick. Is this intended or a bug? (I've done this several times...Only now got sick from it)

35 minutes ago, Patient14 said:

I know drinking fuel is not exactly reccomended if you are planning on living, but...I emptied the vessel and filled it with water...then drank and got sick. Is this intended or a bug? (I've done this several times...Only now got sick from it)

I believe it is a random chance to get sick and intended, you used to be fine doing it when  jerry cans first came out.

For what it's worth I've accidentally drank small amounts of gas and diesel siphoning over the years and I didn't get sick, just fuel tasting burps.  

I've always used a single water purification tab when filling gasoline canisters with water and I haven't gotten sick from it.  It might just be luck or it might be that they work to purify against residual gasoline.  I can't be 100% sure but until the day I get sick from it I'm gonna say that it works.

3 hours ago, green_mtn_grandbob said:

Dump the gas fill with water dump the water and then refill with water this has worked for me.

^ this.

Appearently some residu is left behind after emptying vessel. So rinse and repeat ;)