emuthreat

Status Report, RE: soft skills

Personally, if there's going to be precise actions and rough actions, I would rather be able to improve in both of those skill groups, rather than having to choose between the two. Improving your bandaging while simultaneously reducing your ability to, say, gather wood makes no sense. I get why they've done it, but it seems like a weird way of going about it. Maybe I misinterpreted it.

Perhaps rough and precise actions could be affiliated with specific skills. So say bandaging is a precise action - it should raise your precise action proficiency, but also your medical skill proficiency - so it raises all precise action skills slightly, but raises your medical skill just a little bit more. That way (provided we can improve both action types, rather than one or the other) precise and rough actions (which fundamentally make sense) stay in the game, but we also get to have characters that are more refined, without the weird rough/precise balance idea they've proposed.

I'll keep an open mind. It could be good. I'm certain that if we make it clear that we don't like this system after playing with it, the devs will make some adjustments.

Holy crap, this was nearly two years ago.

7 hours ago, emuthreat said:

Holy crap, this was nearly two years ago.

EXACTLY, Now you feel me?