Sign in to follow this  
JBURNS489

Two Questions Regarding Stable .61

I don't remember who asked in another thread, but they had a great question. When the experimental fixes for .61 are finished, and they get pushed to stable, will there be a character wipe on stable branch?

Also, is there any way to make the x64 client the default client? For example, when using steam to join a friend's server, it will automatically launch the 32bit. Double clicking the desktop icon also launches the 32 bit client by default. Is there a way to change the default client that is launched?

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 1

Minimum system requirements are still listed on the Steam store as OS: Windows 7 32-bit, so I'm not so sure they could make 64-bit the default.  Though there must be an easy way to modify the desktop shortcut icon to launch 64-bit.

I was the one to ask if there was going to be another wipe once the fixes in experimental are pushed to stable. Still waiting for an answer... Thanks for sharing the interrogation! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GaryWalnuts said:

Minimum system requirements are still listed on the Steam store as OS: Windows 7 32-bit, so I'm not so sure they could make 64-bit the default.  Though there must be an easy way to modify the desktop shortcut icon to launch 64-bit.

They wouldn't have to change the minimum requirements if they gave us the option of changing our default client. A lot of games have recommended specs and minimum specs. Minimum specs would stay the same at 32 bit. Not sure why there would be an issue there? It's the same as adjusting in game settings to the highest possible. Just because the game launches with high settings has no impact on what the minimum requirements are for everyone else.  Also, I haven't been able to find a way to change the desktop icon to launch the 64 bit client, hence this post. If anyone finds a way, please share :)

Edited by JBURNS489
  • Like 1

Go to your computer and surf to the root of steam/steamapps/dayz  there search the dayz64.exe  and rightclick --> make shortcut ---> this snip out and insert at your desk ^^ .

My system then says: steam must by startet...click out, and dayz starting (steam included).

Edit:

By my work this shortcut only at the first 2 runs....now its start dayz at 32 with this shortcut :( 

Search a another solution ....or via Steam.

Edited by Sqeezorz
  • Like 1

I always get a pop up window where I can choose which one to play, so that's a good thing at least.

Also considering that almost every update is a character wipe, I'd go with the option that we'll get wiped once the final iteration of 0.61 arrives.

Edited by Bonappetit
  • Like 2