Sign in to follow this  
Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136428

4 minutes ago, ☣BioHaze☣ said:

It's basically that simple boy n' girls.

Especially if you have the element of surprise, this approach is the obvious way to say you're willing to do many other things than trade bullets at super sonic speeds.

I wish just once someone would leave me naked, tied up, and close to death, needing to loot and heal from nothing....

Exactly, that mess I had cornered in the deerstand the other day is a great example, 4-5 to 1 in their favor we could have all had  lot of fun with that but when none of them said anything I knew I only had one choice and started shooting. I would have gladly played along in one way or another if there was any communication and we could have had a half an hour of fun with it. Instead they forced me to start shooting and they got a dead survivalist's body with probably ruined gear that was only useful to me anyway and they were back to circle jerking by themselves on an island with nothing else to do.  

• Like 2

9 hours ago, odin_lowe said:

Had a great time tonight. Met another fresh spawn around Three Valleys. We talked a bit and decided to team up. We then made our way to Novy Sobor, Stary, NWA and finally Tisy. It was nice seeing some of the changes made to the mili bases and checkpoints first hand. 

Desync wasn't too bad, but as we reached NWA, we experienced a terrible lag spike for 15-20 seconds, and also, items dropped to the ground were not always synced, like Hicks stated.

Other than that, it was a great run. We did encounter a wolf pack in the woods, but since we didn't have ammo, we tried and avoided them.

Cheers man, if you ever read this, it was nice meeting you!

deur0h.jpg

I also don't mind have the top right corner display. I don't need to have icons but if i do, i would like it to be much like i am used to with Arma 3 mini statusbar. like what we used in Arma 3, epoch, exile style.

Not to fancy like having the heath bar look like an "Hour Glass" in red as it gets lower. That i believe will cause server, client lag unwarranted. I would rather see minor text display we can turn on or off, or statusbar changes.

But that's just me, take the load off and i am happy to see it. Not everyone cares for fancy games that lag out.

30 minutes ago, Hicks_206 (DayZ) said:

Servers going offline in 5 for update prep

Awesome, Mr. Hicks is there any plans to remove the, or have the ability to remove the hints as seen in the above image? Sometimes i find that so overwhelming in arma, dayz it interferes with the scroll wheel, selection window.

Not saying it is not at all important for some, i think it ends up confusing what is requested of the user. Check Pulse shows up, or search. I would rather we be able to walk up to an object and decide to use onmousedown, or onscroll action instead of hints.

Get what i mean? is it possible we can remove that for custom servers after modding comes around?

-Also this update what did you need us to check for and report? i assume a new topic dev build.

Edited by sneakydude

Thanks for the advice guys/girls, actually just played around and I think I need to add an exclusion for Steam in my AV ;-) So have to check our policies to make sure it stays if I set it at the client, I don't want my boss asking me why I excluded steam for all of IT! Just got he laptop though, running a I7-6700HQ with 16GB RAM and a NVidia Quadro M1000M... Hopefully I can get it running, I would like to play at lunch.

Edited by ShallowTech
  • Like 1