Hicks_206 (DayZ)

Exp Update 0.61.136182

It really seems to me that a lot of the PVP-oriented players abuse brightness/gamma settings at night.

I play with a group of friends and we keep the settings rather atmospheric (night is pretty dark in 0.61) and we get always get spotted almost instantly whereas spotting for us is not easy at all, even though we are very experienced players.

Anyone observed this? I don't wanna be forced to play higher brightness and have everything turn to an ugly grey just to be able to survive?

1 hour ago, VVarhead said:

It really seems to me that a lot of the PVP-oriented players abuse brightness/gamma settings at night.

I play with a group of friends and we keep the settings rather atmospheric (night is pretty dark in 0.61) and we get always get spotted almost instantly whereas spotting for us is not easy at all, even though we are very experienced players.

Anyone observed this? I don't wanna be forced to play higher brightness and have everything turn to an ugly grey just to be able to survive?

My new monitor that I got earlier this year displays the nights much brighter compared to my old one (same gamma/brightness settings). So I don't think that it's possible to prevent some players from seeing more than others (because even the hardware itself can make such a large difference). But I agree that that gamma boost nvg is kind of lame.

Im kinda optimistic that there is in future somekinda blocker for abusing gamma and brightness like in DayZ mod.

35 minutes ago, jappegaming said:

Im kinda optimistic that there is in future somekinda blocker for abusing gamma and brightness like in DayZ mod.

The only real way to prevent it is something like the black and white nights we had before with less shades of grey where there's less different colours to make up the picture. The problem is if the information to make up a digital image is there but darkened, it's still there.

Like Bingo said even if the lock out gamma in the game we still have video card utilities and the ability to adjust monitors.

Edited by BCBasher
  • Like 1

If they sped up day/night cycle maybe we'd see more people just ignoring moving gamma up and down that often.

Also servers seems to be down, atleast for me. 

Edited by Bonappetit
  • Like 1

Everybody has to buy a color calibration device and have it attached to the screen while playing. The device measures the actual visibility on the screen and the engine then adjusts brightness/contrasts/colors so nobody has an unfair advantage :-D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Bonappetit said:

If they sped up day/night cycle maybe we'd see more people just ignoring moving gamma up and down that often.

Also servers seems to be down, atleast for me. 

Yes, they are.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, VVarhead said:

Yes, they are.

Time to play some Call of Duty 2 then :)

4 minutes ago, slizzedy said:

This is getting annoying, why are the servers down every evening?!

cause its exp.

and your char will be wiped.

DayZ Development ‏@dayzdevteam  12 Min. 

@dayzdevteam Character wipe. Fixes: server crashes, nude character on distance, audio of gunshots in distance, some wolf behavior tweaks.

funny times at the beach :)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, slizzedy said:

This is getting annoying, why are the servers down every evening?!

Because time-zones and EXP doesn't care when's good for you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, wasnu said:

cause its exp.

@dayzdevteam Character wipe. Fixes: server crashes, nude character on distance, audio of gunshots in distance, some wolf behavior tweaks.

I died last evening so a wipe would be Okay for me ;)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, wasnu said:

cause its exp.

Nice, I hope I can get in a hour before work.

14 minutes ago, bingo_fuel said:

Everybody has to buy a color calibration device and have it attached to the screen while playing. The device measures the actual visibility on the screen and the engine then adjusts brightness/contrasts/colors so nobody has an unfair advantage :-D

And someone would figure out how to put a physical filter on it or hack the device, profit!

• Like 1

BTW what do you guys think about the current loot distribution? I havent played much in .60 but it seems to me that loot in general has become more rare and it takes a lot more time to gather your basic gear.

I personally think that it's good to make things like food more rare, but right now there is a bit too few items around.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wasnu said:

cause its exp.

Ouch. that kinda hurts.

I've started to play like 2 hours ago and got geared up just now when they wiped. lol

4 minutes ago, slizzedy said:

BTW what do you guys think about the current loot distribution? I havent played much in .60 but it seems to me that loot in general has become more rare and it takes a lot more time to gather your basic gear.

I personally think that it's good to make things like food more rare, but right now there is a bit too few items around.

Go immediately inland, hit the smaller towns that aren't on a direct route from spawnpoints to NWAF.

I've had no problem getting my statuses in check and finding the exact items I've been looking for by taking scenic route.

5 minutes ago, BCBasher said:

Go immediately inland, hit the smaller towns that aren't on a direct route from spawnpoints to NWAF.

I've had no problem getting my statuses in check and finding the exact items I've been looking for by taking scenic route.

Good advice, I'll try a more inlandish route next time.

8 minutes ago, slizzedy said:

I don't like it.

Food is too abundant, still. Apples shouldn't be an infinite resource - keyword: item pool at trees

Also it should be much more randomized. You can tell what loot will spawn at what places if you play the game for like 1 hour.

However I'm sure the first thing will get adressed, DayZ will turn into a survival game hopefully soon where I have to really think about where to get my next meal.

3 minutes ago, slizzedy said:

Good advice, I'll try a more inlandish route next time.

There's an outside the box strategy if you get a spawn on the S/E point and don't mind spending a half hour or more getting established.

Get a paramedic uniform or at least jacket at the lower Tulga doctors office, sprint to the point, make your stone knife then swim to Skalatisy island being prepared to immediately have a 10 stick fire. There seems to be some almost guaranteed spawn points there, often a backpack at the lone log house on the mainland side of the island, raincoats with food and ammo in pockets at the boats in the bay with 3 houses, civilian guns at the lighthouse and castle scaffolds, and an almost 100% chance of a bear trap at the shed behind the lighthouse. Every time I've tried I have a 30cal long gun of some sort and ammo and usually a sidearm in short order.

Once you have the raincoat and get your stats maxed and stuffed you can swim back and sprint straight to the middle of the map drying out and warm up in the process.